Roush Steeda U/LCA on an '96 S281

Hi guys,

looking for a bit of advice on this one, I'm planning on adding a set of steeda upper and lower control arms to my 96 s281. I've been told this will help greatly on a standard GT but have these saleens had anything altered suspension wise that would meak these upgrades an unwise choice.

Looking at the control arms on the car at the moment they look like rergular stock ones, but looks can be decieving i guess.

So the question is, are the steedas a good upgrade ?

cheers guys

EDGE
:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

unless your uppers are totally shot, leave them alone. too stiff in the uppers really can lead to supension bind.

i recently installed the Steeds Aluminum lowers. absolutely worth every penny, the rear end just plants better in the turns, got rid of various rattles. very difficult to break the rear end loose now where before it was easy.

while you have it apart buy some new urethane rear spring isolators ($30) as your stock rubber ones are gettin old, and make sure you put plenty of lube on these as well to keep from sqeaking. my mechanic said not necessary and i had a sqeak, i knew in my gut it was the spring isolators, we lubed them and all gone. also lube up the sides of the bushings well. i now have no sqeaks, actually less noise and harshness than stock pieces.

go with the aluminum not the steel, they are lighter, stronger, and have a better bushing design.

all these answers are general without knowing someones situation and intention. torque arm is great but not for me in downtown chicago. potholes the size of craters, general crappy roads, etc. and my car is not a track car. i would scrape a torque arm right off my car everytime i drove it. control arms provided a nice upgrade without breaking the bank or compromising ride quality.

i have been in griggs cars and they are far more harsh. if that's your thing cool.

MM are great too, though from what I understand they are really intended to have a panhard bar with them. And that was more than I wanted to get in to.

Hardcore folk will disagree, but I am not willing to ruin all comfort for a slight improvement I may not even notice on the street. If I wanted that I will just drive my friends Superformance.