Steeda UDP Install Problems

My brother and I finally got around to installing his steeda pulleys, except we ran into some difficulty. I can not get the Crank pulley off. I have tried numerous times to get the pulley off but to no avail. Has anyone ran into problems while installing theirs? Does anyone have some suggestions? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

are you talking about the nut or the actual bearing? If the nut then yes its kinda hard and u might even start turning the crank so i used an impact wrench. If the crank pulley itself you do need a harmonic balancer, it applies pulling pressue equally to three points where u can screw in bolts into the crank pulley. If you dont have one rent one from from ur hardware store. If ur desprate and wont use the old pulley heat it up w/ a torch or sumthing to get the metal to expand then pull or force it off with something. Just be a lil carful for the alignment of the pully

If you're already using the banlancer puller. I would just git the bolt a bath in some liquid wrench. I dont remember having any trouble getting the balancer off when i did my pullies. Then again that was one of my first mods and my car was fairly new. Just give it a spray let it sit, then give it a jiggle. Repeat that until you get it out. Be carful not to twist that head off...I dont know what grade bolts those are...but I do know it would ruin you're day/week/month. Good luck to ya.

If you're having trouble keeping it from spinning when you turn it put the car in 5th gear and that will hold it in place. Use as long of a socket wrench as you can and you might have to hit the wrench with a rubber mallet or something a couple of times until it breaks loose. Good luck.