Steering column cover

Steve10608

Mar 12, 2019
Texas
Took my steering column cover off to correct some wiring issues under the cover (shroud) on my 90 notch. It comes apart in halves. Top half and bottom half. Went to put it back on it just doesn't line up correctly. It fits over the ignition switch on the right side and turn signal indicator on the left. I just cant seem to make it go back on and look the way its suspose to. It's like it shrank while it was off. Looks like it has been off before and the screws look like they my have not done in stright. It looked perfect when it was on before though. Any ideas before I order a new cover. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Those go back on pretty easily. You just have to clip it in and screw it together. Just take your time and you’ll get it. Don’t order a new one just yet.

Mine fights me every time . The little nubs the screws go through fit inside of each other through the halfs and if they don’t go together you end up with what you have going on

Reactions: 1 user
Mine fights me every time . The little nubs the screws go through fit inside of each other through the halfs and if they don’t go together you end up with what you have going on
The nuns that the screws go in were a little bungled up when I took the cover off. I could tell it had been in a few previous battles. I might have to break down and replace it. Thanks

The nuns that the screws go in were a little bungled up when I took the cover off. I could tell it had been in a few previous battles. I might have to break down and replace it. Thanks
If you go slow you’ll get it . Even this last time I had mine off took 5-6 try’s lol

Took my steering column cover off to correct some wiring issues under the cover (shroud) on my 90 notch. It comes apart in halves. Top half and bottom half. Went to put it back on it just doesn't line up correctly. It fits over the ignition switch on the right side and turn signal indicator on the left. I just cant seem to make it go back on and look the way its suspose to. It's like it shrank while it was off. Looks like it has been off before and the screws look like they my have not done in stright. It looked perfect when it was on before though. Any ideas before I order a new cover. Thanks

I noticed the texture on the bottom half was a little different from the top half. The top or the bottom probably came from a different car. The little snaps looks like they have been modified a little as well. It appears that you can just snap the top to the bottom and insert two screws and hawlah. I'm going to try straightening the nubs to fit together properly and give it one more try. Thanks for the encouragement.

Reactions: 1 user