Steering Issue

josephc79

Jun 7, 2014
I need advise I have a 94 GT and the steering wheel is turned clockwise between the 1 and 7 o'clock position and I took it in to have alignment done and with it not much out of adjustment they couldn't fix that they checked the shafts and tried to adjust with no luck could it possibly be a bad rack and pinion?

• Sponsors (?)

It can be corrected at the steering steering shaft. There is one bolt that holds the steering shaft onto the steering rack. Remove the bolt, and pull the steering shaft off of the steering rack. Straighten the wheel, then put the steering shaft back on. Finish the adjustments with the tie rod ends to center it perfectly. While you have the steering shaft off, check the condition of the rag joint, and replace if necessary.

Kurt

It can be corrected at the steering steering shaft. There is one bolt that holds the steering shaft onto the steering rack. Remove the bolt, and pull the steering shaft off of the steering rack. Straighten the wheel, then put the steering shaft back on. Finish the adjustments with the tie rod ends to center it perfectly. While you have the steering shaft off, check the condition of the rag joint, and replace if necessary.

Kurt
OK I took it to have the alignment done and the tech tried that he said something about the splines not lining up with the shafts and rack