Steering wheel install

Yeah looks like your car isn't a 93 like mine. 93's don't come with that brush you have there that touches the back of the hub which is why I had to connect to the clockspring connector. The way you have it should work for you if it doesn't I would check the light blue/white wire for 12v if you don't then you have a problem in your wiring or fuse.
Ooops so how are you running the connection between the two? I got so excited and then had that oh wait moment when I started to turn the steering wheel.

• Sponsors (?)

Ooops so how are you running the connection between the two? I got so excited and then had that oh wait moment when I started to turn the steering wheel.
a single wire from that yellow/light green wire ran up thru the hub adaptor to the horn button. I left plenty of enough wire coiled up behind the momo horn button to allow for full lock of the steering in both directions.

Reactions: 1 user
a single wire from that yellow/light green wire ran up thru the hub adaptor to the horn button. I left plenty of enough wire coiled up behind the momo horn button to allow for full lock of the steering in both directions.
Ha perfect ok that’s what I was gonna do, I’ll have to re do the wiring bc I didn’t leave enough

Reactions: 1 user
question for those of you that have done this.

Scored a MOMO 350MM Monte CArlo wheel for $95 and looking to installl on my 90 vert... I came across this hub which appears to allow you to bolt the steering wheel right on it without the need for the $90 MOMO hub, and it also fills the gap left when you remove the stock wheel. It also seems to allow you to keep the clockspring in place? Let me know your thoughts

Looks like I just run a wire from the yellow/green wire up through the steering wheel to the horn button , put this hub on and attach the wheel the to the hub?

question for those of you that have done this.

Scored a MOMO 350MM Monte CArlo wheel for $95 and looking to installl on my 90 vert... I came across this hub which appears to allow you to bolt the steering wheel right on it without the need for the $90 MOMO hub, and it also fills the gap left when you remove the stock wheel. It also seems to allow you to keep the clockspring in place? Let me know your thoughts

Looks like I just run a wire from the yellow/green wire up through the steering wheel to the horn button , put this hub on and attach the wheel the to the hub?
I doubt that has the required space to retain the clock spring. Haven't seen one made yet that does. You'll have to run without one and deal with the ugly space/gap or fab up a cover. Others have cut up there clockspring and bolted it back in to take up the gap but I would advise against that being they are a non replaceable part.

Last edited:
I spoke with the vendor and they have a few with minor blems in stock. Bought one for my MOMO swap.

Please post pictures of the piece and install when you get it

I doubt that has the required space to retain the clock spring. Haven't seen one made yet that does. You'll have to run without one and deal with the ugly space/gap or fab up a cover. Others have cut up there clockspring and bolted it back in to take up the gap but I would advise against that being they are a non replaceable part.
I've yet to see it either. Before i did my tilt swap, i ran through what i thought was every solution.
Only to find none and realize that A. A tilt column swap is pretty easy and B. I like a tilt wheel better anyway.
It's a non invasive mod. Not hard to undo if you keep the old wheel.

Reactions: 1 users
I've yet to see it either. Before i did my tilt swap, i ran through what i thought was every solution.
Only to find none and realize that A. A tilt column swap is pretty easy and B. I like a tilt wheel better anyway.
It's a non invasive mod. Not hard to undo if you keep the old wheel.
I agree completely

did the install today it looks 100X better without the airbag wheel. The Momo wheel feels so much better and the adapter allowed me to keep the clockspring in place and covers the gap nicely

20211023_121441.jpg

20211023_121446.jpg

20211023_121452.jpg

20211023_121534.jpg

Attachments

• 20211023_121441.jpg
    20211023_121441.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211023_141550.jpg
    20211023_141550.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211023_121534.jpg
    20211023_121534.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211023_121452.jpg
    20211023_121452.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20211023_121446.jpg
    20211023_121446.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211023_152529.jpg
    20211023_152529.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck
Aftermarket horn buttons suck
Wiring it with no solder is a no brainer if You get the other end of the connector from the wrecking yard
Leave it stock and be happy
Those horns blare all night long when cold weather hits
It only takes once to cure you
You ground that wire and the horn Honks
Just a matter of time before it gets grounded all by itself

nice,
Nice!!! Question, how did you connect the horn? Which wires did you connect? I've purchased the hub and steering wheel from American Muscle. The picture with the hub, is that as far as it goes without the CS? I see the hub you purchased fills that space nicely.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Momo Hub.JPG
    Momo Hub.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Momo Steering wheel.jpg
    Momo Steering wheel.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Clock sprint jap.jpg
    Clock sprint jap.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 42
  • Hub installed.jpg