Steering wheel on a '93

• Sponsors (?)

See here is my dilemma, at 6'2" and long legged even with the seat all the way back I could use a little more leg room, I put seat extenders in once and gained the leg room but the wheel was to far away for my liking , took them out, I've gotten used to the lack of leg room, I would like to have it comfortable leg room and wheel reach. Can't have everything I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
See here is my dilemma, at 6'2" and long legged even with the seat all the way back I could use a little more leg room, I put seat extenders in once and gained the leg room but the wheel was to far away for my liking , took them out, I've gotten used to the lack of leg room, I would like to have it comfortable leg room and wheel reach. Can't have everything I guess.

In the same boat here. To me the extenders made me sit too high and my head rubs. I took the tracks off and redrilled the mounting holes for the seats and gained a little room. Not as much as the extenders but also let me sit lower.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user

Aftermarket wheel in my '88 pushes the wheel about 1" closer.

If I added on a quick release it might be about 1" more

I hear ya I’m 6’1” and when I first did the 2017 seats I was sitting to close. I installed the seat track extenders and I got the extra room I needed. All the way back is to much so I got it set to where I like leg room wise and arm reach. As @RangerJoe said I to sit up a little higher as well and if I’m sitting to straight up my head rubs here and there, but I kinda sit more leaned back slightly and I enjoy the leg room. Now I’m wondering with the slightly smaller wheel if that would make a difference taking the seat tracks back out????? Or would I still feel kinda crunched.

Reddevil91, IMO your instrument panel looks much better than stock. Where did you get the instrument panel? I've already bought a similar Momo wheel. All I need is another Fox, hopefully I'll find the right one this summer.
Thanks.
I bought it from a guy who got it in a package deal car he bought, he didn’t want to install it so he gave it to me for a steal. He had two clusters, I kept the carbon fiber classic dash one and sold the black lmr one. It was deal a couldn’t pass on especially after seeing what they cost from classic dash and Florida 50. Thanks man, I’m really glad I swapped it, I was gonna pull the original and led it, then pulled the trigger on this set up. It just makes the dash pop!