Steering Woes

I have a 1969 Shelby GT 500 Clone with a '69 date coded 429 cobra jet. I love the car. Its great looking, sound awesome, & is quick! I just have a problem with the steering. When I got the car it had a leak in the steering controller. It would drip in the exhaust and smoke. I went through 3 refurbished units before I found one that didn't leak. But now the steering pulls to the right dramatically if you aren't holding tight while driving and it actually turns by itself when you are sitting still & revving the engine. I was told by the mechanic who installed it that these years have tent to have issues with the steering. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should consider doing? Is there another steering solution that anyone suggests. Thanks in advance for your advice.

• Sponsors (?)

The valve is adjusted wrong .The valve has a preloaded spring on both sides of the stud that attaches to the drag link ,if it is adjusted to far to one side it will cause the car to pull to that side .The stud actually tells the ram witch way to turn when pressure is applied by turning the steering wheel ,it is like a two way valve right and left .If there isnt a lot of play in the steering i would say it has been tightened to much

The valve is adjusted wrong .The valve has a preloaded spring on both sides of the stud that attaches to the drag link ,if it is adjusted to far to one side it will cause the car to pull to that side .The stud actually tells the ram witch way to turn when pressure is applied by turning the steering wheel ,it is like a two way valve right and left .If there isnt a lot of play in the steering i would say it has been tightened to much
Thanks, I told my mechanic and he agreed to take another look at it. I appreciate your insight.