Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

Great thread guys, I intend to read it through all the way from the start. My car WILL have some form of standalone EFI system eventually (can't wait to ditch the Quarterhorse setup), and MS is high on my list.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Steve works his magic again !!!!

This is my data log after inverting the IAC, adjusting my required fuel to 9.5, adjusting my throttle stop, and relearning the TPS. It runs a lot better. I feel like we're getting somewhere and I likes it. :banana::banana::banana::burnout::rock::SN:

Attachments

• iacinverted12017-04-13_18.44.07.msl
    560 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 2 users
Great thread guys, I intend to read it through all the way from the start. My car WILL have some form of standalone EFI system eventually (can't wait to ditch the Quarterhorse setup), and MS is high on my list.

MSPNP2 is a lot better than QH. This system is amazing, but the learning curve is high. Once you start figuring it out it gets better and better. I haven't had any issues with my MS at all. I was going to go with QH too but realized I needed more options for my set up. For the price it really can't be beat. I don't have Holley money so I had to get in where I fit in. Ya know what I mean ?;)

Steve works his magic again !!!!

This is my data log after inverting the IAC, adjusting my required fuel to 9.5, adjusting my throttle stop, and relearning the TPS. It runs a lot better. I feel like we're getting somewhere and I likes it. :banana::banana::banana::burnout::rock::SN:
Just wait till you start driving it..

You can look forward to running out of gas,...(twice), ...blowing off the charge tube,...puking out all of the oil in the engine,...

fun times are ahead!

Reactions: 3 users
MSPNP2 is a lot better than QH. This system is amazing, but the learning curve is high. Once you start figuring it out it gets better and better. I haven't had any issues with my MS at all. I was going to go with QH too but realized I needed more options for my set up. For the price it really can't be beat. I don't have Holley money so I had to get in where I fit in. Ya know what I mean ?;)
I'll second that. I've done a lot of hobby electronics over the years so building the kit didn't scare me. I thought I could figure out the tuning myself too.........yeah, not so much. Steve (a91what) helped me get it running and stuck with me until it ran great! I've been learning from him and doing my own research and making minor changes here and there and my supercharged fox is running awesome!

@a91what

Couple of questions while I'm waiting on my new AEM wideband.

1) I have my overboost fuel cut set to 8 pounds (which is what I'm pullied for). Should I have this lower for initial tuning?
2) For overboost, should I cut spark too?
3) My injectors are setup for 4 squirts per cycle, I see yours is at 2, thoughts? I have 42# injectors FYI

1. Overboost is for turbo cars you shouldn't have a problem. I suggest you leave this off.

2. If you do use it cut spark.

3. 4squirts lowers the dynamic range of the injector but can make idle and cruise transitions smoother. Very large injectors need fewer squirts because at idle multiple squirts make the same open time very very small.
Leave it alone unless we see large duty cycles in boost or experience idle shutter.

@a91what

The new AEM wideband showed up today and it works perfect. Got to love Summit for some fast shipping!! Started up the car and it was idling around 12.8 but if I blip the throttle it goes lean quick in the 16's. Here is my tune and latest datalog.

Attachments

• 2017-05-23_22.48.05.msl
    353.7 KB · Views: 110
  • CurrentTune.msq
    112.5 KB · Views: 134
Normal at this stage we do not have the acceleration enrichment tuned yet. It is difficult without a proper 've table.

Use the settings from my tune, will get you by for now.

I will look through your log file a bit later.

Reactions: 1 user
Normal at this stage we do not have the acceleration enrichment tuned yet. It is difficult without a proper 've table.

Use the settings from my tune, will get you by for now.

I will look through your log file a bit later.
Thanks bro. I'm going to try to get it idling up to temperature today so I can burp the cooling system and maybe pull it out to give the car a bath :banana::banana:

Reactions: 1 users
looking through the datalog it does not look like the idle starts to surge, if you bring up the injector duty cycle you can see that when the rpm plummets to 800 the injectors are at 0%.... 3% duty cycle is not unheard off at idle but your injector open time is under 2ms... this can cause issues, lets change your injector settings from 4 squirts to 2squirts. this will lengthen the injector open time.
while I'm at it I am going to smooth a few of these tables.

EDIT:: I just realized the way Shannon setup your tune the fuel overrun cut was turning on, this is what caused your erratic idle. I am going to fix it and repost the tune for you

looking through the datalog it does not look like the idle starts to surge, if you bring up the injector duty cycle you can see that when the rpm plummets to 800 the injectors are at 0%.... 3% duty cycle is not unheard off at idle but your injector open time is under 2ms... this can cause issues, lets change your injector settings from 4 squirts to 2squirts. this will lengthen the injector open time.
while I'm at it I am going to smooth a few of these tables.
That makes sense, I noticed my AFR shooting up (lean) during the idle drop. Thanks Steve, looking forward to tuning with you later today :nice:

@a91what

please take a look at today's drive, especially take a close look at record 3620 and give me some input. It's my first real hit on boost at 4psi (i think). I rolled in to it in 3rd gear and I think it didn't like it.

Attachments

• 2017-05-26_18.43.48.msl
    1.4 MB · Views: 165