Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Lol. It's real simple

Let's just talk 've table

You have AFR of 13 but want 12

Have/want
13/12= 1.0834

Multiply the 've table in this area by 1.0834 and your now dead on at 12afr.
Well that's easy..

What was all that "E=MC2" rocket science sht in the earlier reply then?

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Your idle still sucks, lets try something new.

Got WIFI yet?:stick:
No good WiFi yet...but I have a guy....

I'll down load it tomorrow and try it out.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I tried the new tune. car wouldn't idle at all. Had to feather the throttle constantly. Car will start run and drive with rev 2.4. The log may be a little all over the place. First start up is without TPS calibrated ( I keep forgetting ). The very end of it is with tune restored to rev.2.4. I haven't viewed the log yet- gotta run out with the wife.....she's in her car giving me the " stank eye " ...

Attachments

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I tried the new tune. car wouldn't idle at all. Had to feather the throttle constantly. Car will start run and drive with rev 2.4. The log may be a little all over the place. First start up is without TPS calibrated ( I keep forgetting ). The very end of it is with tune restored to rev.2.4. I haven't viewed the log yet- gotta run out with the wife.....she's in her car giving me the " stank eye " ...
Probably because the idle valve was set low. I will increase the idle valve duty and you can try again.
2.4 is less duty more timing
2.7 is less timing more air (idle duty)

There is a compromise there somewhere we need to find to make it work.

Reactions: 90sickfox

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Steve,
Just want to say thanks for all your input. Great thread. I have been reading this thread and watched your set-up videos. Maybe someone has some knowledge on the IAC honking issue. I can set it to inverted 100 off in open loop warmup or normal 0 off and any frequency in closed loop and the thing either honks at idle in (open loop) or with closed loop honks when i rev the engine up. I have altered the duty cycle in open loop to try to compensate and the honking only changes tone.
I think i have a bad IAC.
Could it be that i have the throttle body idle screw set to high?
Any suggestions from someone who had this same problem?
Thanks for any help. Driving me crazy.

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Will do that tonight when i get home. Was reading up on Moosing. Seems to be a common problem with worn IAC valves. This is my first FI car ever. I am an old school carb and dizzy guy. Do mostly resto work on 69-73 musclecars. This car is my new project toy.

Thanks for the reply

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Will do that tonight when i get home. Was reading up on Moosing. Seems to be a common problem with worn IAC valves. This is my first FI car ever. I am an old school carb and dizzy guy. Do mostly resto work on 69-73 musclecars. This car is my new project toy.

Thanks for the reply
No problem. I use a fox iac valve

Hz98
Set iac valve to (do not close) or 0 for rpm crossover on shift
Minimum value try 15% likely the valve is trying to drive itself past closed.

If you don't undersgfand the settings I can screenshot them once I'm home.

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Steve
Thanks for the tip. I did set the Min Value to 20 but no difference never tried 15 as most Ford IACs are closed at 30.
I have attached my msq file. I thnk it is a bad valve. Should be here on Friday afternoon. I want to get this sorted on Sat so I can drive and tune.

Attachments

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
one thing I did notice, it is an SN-95 IAC, 94-95 stang. I ordered a 93 which looks a little different.
Dont know if that is a the problem. The motor came out of a 93 T bird. I tried to reuse a few items as the engine was running well when I pulled it before rebuild.

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Steve, Thanks for the help. attached is a complete datalog. Sorry I could not get it from cold start. Dumb ass me forgot to start the log.
Replaced the IAC tonight. Moosing Issue is gone. I still have a surging idle and won't idle in gear.
See if you can help. From cold idle it did perform the best it has. Idled up to 1400 and then slowly down to 1100-1200. could not get it below 1000.

Attachments

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Steve, Thanks for the help. attached is a complete datalog. Sorry I could not get it from cold start. Dumb ass me forgot to start the log.
Replaced the IAC tonight. Moosing Issue is gone. I still have a surging idle and won't idle in gear.
See if you can help. From cold idle it did perform the best it has. Idled up to 1400 and then slowly down to 1100-1200. could not get it below 1000.
I sent you a tune in a private conversation. I will readjust with the datalog.

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Engine is a 306. AFR 185 heads, Trick flow track heat intake, Trick Flow stage 1 cam, 30lb injectors, accufab 70mm body, anderson power pipe. MTX-L wideband. AOD Auto trans and 3:73 gears.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Ok here is a completely revamped tune for you, please get me a datalog of this tune from cold start and driving so I can do the warmup tuning and cruise fuel.

The weather here right now is rather nice actually, I cant wait till I get my car back on the road. I'm missing out on some really good cruising weather.

Attachments

Casper93Fox

Active User
Nov 28, 2017
Dallas
Steve,
Thanks. Will work on it next week and should have something to show for it by Friday if things go well. I was working out the bugs in my AOD today. adding a lube line to the rear bushing and needed the adjust the shift linkage on my B&M Stealth pro. It was not going into park all the way to lock the dog gear in park. Have a good week.enjoy that nice weather while you can.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TMIproducts Just Finished These Up For Steve Turner's Pvt '08 Gt500 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
K T5 swap clutch pressure? Hard petal - Mustang Steve Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
K Drivetrain T5 swap clutch pressure? Hard petal - Mustang Steve Classic Mustang Specific Tech 1
J Steve Saleen Presents The Saleen Show & Open House - Corona, Ca - Sat, Sept. 15, 2012 Regional Forums and Event Information 0
J Saleen Steve Saleen Presents The Saleen Show & Open House - Corona, Ca - Sat, Sept. 15, 2012 Special Production 1
J Saleen Steve Saleen and SOEC present the SMS Car Show & Rally - Sept. 18-19, 2010 Special Production 0
M Saleen Sept. 3-5, 2010 Steve Saleen Signature Event, Asheville, NC Special Production 2
sema88 Saleen Steve Saleen at NW Regionals Special Production 0
J Saleen Meet Steve Saleen at Landmark Ford -- Tigard, OR -- Sunday, Aug. 15, 2010! Special Production 0
J Saleen People's Choice Show with Steve Saleen at Mustangs Northwest Roundup - Sun, 7/18/2010 Special Production 1
T Chesapeake Bay Mustang Club All Ford Car Show/Steve Saleen Signature Event! Regional Forums and Event Information 0
J Saleen Meet Steve Saleen at Chesapeake/Bob Bell Ford Show - Glen Burnie, MD - June 19, 2010 Special Production 0
MRaburn Steve Saleen's newest installation: SMS Superparts StangNet Site News 0
J Roush Steve Saleen presents: 2010 SMS 460 Mustang Special Production 0
J Roush Steve Saleen Honored with Lee Iacocca Award at Mustangs Northwest Roundup Special Production 1
J Roush "There is only one Saleen" says Steve Saleen as he takes action to protect his name Special Production 0
J Roush People's Choice Show with Steve Saleen at Mustangs Northwest Roundup - Sun, 7/19/2009 Special Production 10
J Roush Happy 60th Birthday to Steve Saleen -- Help Us Celebrate! Special Production 0
mustangmike6996 2005+ mustang steve brakes on a 69 stang Classic Mustang Specific Tech 12
skywalker Mustang Steve Cable Clutch and Headers Classic Mustang Specific Tech 5
347Fastback Mustang Steve Disc Brake Setup!! Engine and Power Adder 0
jerry S the continuing saga of Steve Austin, the 6 million $ car Classic Mustang Specific Tech 6
S351Saleen77 Steve Saleen video 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 10
T Roush Steve Saleen at Roundup Special Production 4
T Steve Saleen at Roundup Regional Forums and Event Information 2
2 Steve Saleen? (Chinese Vehicle Importer) Regional Forums and Event Information 16
Metalcop Roush Steve Saleen importing cars from China?! Special Production 15
89SportVert Steve Saleen retires from Saleen, Inc. Regional Forums and Event Information 5
BobV Roush Steve Saleen Retires Special Production 17
P Mustang steve roller clutch Classic Mustang Specific Tech 2
hotmustang331 Steve Irwin is dead :( 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 31
Stang|ess CRIKEY! Steve Irwin dead 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 3
monk302 Mustang Steve Clutch Cable Part # Classic Mustang Specific Tech 2
6 F/S Brand new! Mustang Steve 5 speed conversion with power brakes! Engine and Power Adder 0
davidj Roush 07/19/2006 Steve Saleen @ Russ Milne Ford Special Production 0
wsbrigham Roush Met Steve Saleen in Albuquerque - Neighbor Bought the '05 Berrylium S7 Special Production 20
J Question on Mustang Steve's brakes Classic Mustang Specific Tech 4
D MUSTANG STEVE'S BUSHINGS Classic Mustang Specific Tech 4
Black2006GT '05 commercials(Steve McQueen&Anthem) 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 13
J Mustang steve cobra brake mounting plates Classic Mustang Specific Tech 7
B Group buy: Mustang Steve 13" cobra brakes. Classic Mustang Specific Tech 23
gospeedgo Congrats Bill, Eric, Misha, Steve Regional Forums and Event Information 9
M mustang steve door hinges 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 1
BAD91LX Steve Saleen at Mossy Ford Regional Forums and Event Information 15
perauto Roush Steve's personal E speedster Special Production 2
monk302 Cable Clutch Kits for T-5: Mustang Steve, Ron Morris, or Modern Driveline? Classic Mustang Specific Tech 36
HistoricMustang Steve McQueen Ford Commercial Classic Mustang Specific Tech 17
B Steve McQueen commercial 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 2
Reimann 2005 Mustang Ads Feature Late Steve McQueen 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 5
sal07b Roush Steve's show pic?? Special Production 10