Brakes Sticking Caliper?

The issue is the phenolic pistons tend to seize pretty firmly in the bore. Even if you broke that piston free, there's a good chance the next time the car sits for an extended period of time it will seize up again. Your best course of action would be to replace the piston, clean up the piston bore and rebuild the caliper.

Since a reman is $40, it's just easier to do that.

Like i said before, VERY common problem on the 99-04 Mustang V6/GT if the car sits for a period of time...especially with brake fluid that has not been bled for a while and contains moisture.

• Sponsors (?)

Rebuild kit is usually pins, seals, and metal anti moan clips. pistons run around 10 iirc. Total cost to rebuild is around 20-25 or buy a new one for 45 abd not have to spend a day working on the damn thing.

I took that question to mean do the remans have the same material piston in them. To which it's yes.

As far as i know, there isn't a steel piston version of that caliper.

Great brake caliper. Good performance in a small package, just high maintainence. Reminds me of my G/F

I took that question to mean do the remans have the same material piston in them. To which it's yes.

As far as i know, there isn't a steel piston version of that caliper.

Great brake caliper. Good performance in a small package, just high maintainence. Reminds me of my G/F

Yeah... That's what I was referring to. Didn't know if the rebuilds used a different material.