sticky tire reccomendations..

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
last season i ran 26x10.5 et streets at the track. they seemed to hook up really nice, i managed consistant 1.6x 60's best was 1.64.

they are a little worn so i will be replacing them this year.

i was looking at a hoosier full drag slick or MT et drags or something similar.
i will probably be sticking with a 26" tall tire, i am pretty sure i can still not run out of RPM at the track, i though i was before but my tach is 300 RPM off at 5700 RPM.

plus i may be swapping to 3.55s this year so i would like to get as much as i can out of a higher gear.

the prices are similar, i am just wondering if i will see any differences going to a full race slick, i am looking at around 26x10, thats all i have seen, didnt see any 10.5s, i already have tubes so i'd be ready to go.

let me know if you have had this situation and you noticed anything from it!!

thanks and later.

• Sponsors (?)

its a 5 speed
when it ran last time i am guessing around 350 RWHP or something i duno really.
i launched at 4-5k and it didnt bog or spin at all it felt pretty nice.

it went low 12s at 113 with the 1.6x 60's

last trip it went the same low 12s at 115, picked up some power but had crappy 1.8 60's it wasnt launching very well.

3.90s and the rear tires were around 12-13 psi.

for the front, no sway bar and lakewood 90/10 struts

SFCs

for the back, upper and lower control arms, lake wood 50/50s
moroso drag springs, new quads

the only thing is i havent installed the front drag springs yet, those may help everything work a little better i hope.

springs will help. the rears of these cars need to be low to help with the instant center.

with those gears a 28" tire would help alot. more sidewall will help the shock of the 5-speed

yeah i was considering getting a taller tire but if a swap to 3.55s later on the taller tires will kill it at the track. i duno i may just stick with the 3.90s for a while.

BTW do 28 inch tall tires clear on a fox??? anyone got any pics? it seems like they would rub on takeoff.