WTB/Trade Still looking for this small part PLEASE

Woody3882

5 Year Member
Jun 19, 2018
Bradenton Fl 34212
I am still looking for this small part, I can not find a new one anywhere on the internet, Please let me know if you have one.
I need the shift selector indicator for a 65 Mustang coupe with console and automatic. This small piece is the little plastic part that attaches to the automatic shifter, it has the small red line that moves to indicate "P" "R" "N" "D" position. If you have an old shifter with one still attached (two small screws) Please let me know, I will gladly buy it and pay the shipping. OR If you know where I can buy one, Please let me know, I greatly appreciate any help any one can give
Woody
[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

I am still looking for this small part, I can not find a new one anywhere on the internet, Please let me know if you have one.
I need the shift selector indicator for a 65 Mustang coupe with console and automatic. This small piece is the little plastic part that attaches to the automatic shifter, it has the small red line that moves to indicate "P" "R" "N" "D" position. If you have an old shifter with one still attached (two small screws) Please let me know, I will gladly buy it and pay the shipping. OR If you know where I can buy one, Please let me know, I greatly appreciate any help any one can give
Woody
[email protected]

What does it look like?
Doesn't the 65 have the arrows on the bezel and light under it to illuminate the arrows?
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.13.27 AM.png

I see something like what you describe for 69-73.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.12.05 AM.png

Reactions: 1 user
The shifter plate you are showing is for a non-console car it screws right to the floor. The automatic with console is a flat plate whereas yours is round.
I spotted the 69-73 online, I assume it will not fit.
Thanks for your help and for trying
woody

The shifter plate you are showing is for a non-console car it screws right to the floor. The automatic with console is a flat plate whereas yours is round.
I spotted the 69-73 online, I assume it will not fit.
Thanks for your help and for trying
woody

The flat console shifter plates I see online also have the arrows.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.14.07 AM.png

I can't even find a picture of the part you're looking for.
If you don't have the old one, are you sure this part even exists for '65?
Do you have a picture of it?