Still Running Hot #2

ry94stang50

Jun 21, 2013
Brick, NJ
Ok so I have a thread over in the talk section but can't find it now....I was running hot couldn't figure it out...so it turns out that my bypass hose had a hole in it...it was brand new. So I replaced it along with taking out the 180º stat and replaced it with 195º. I boiled the new one it works fine...so Installed all the new parts stat hoses and clamps gaskets and rtv too...I then bleed the system and I thought everyrhing was good....it took a ton of fluid like it should have...but I'm still running hot and I noticed my fan wasn't kicking on could this be why? Should I hook it up to a switch? And I think I still have an air pocket in the system.. after about an hour of bleeding the car started shooting coolant out of the uncapped rad what is that?

• Sponsors (?)

For the fan Check your CCRM module. it is located by your overflow bottle and controls the fan. Fix the fan first to make sure it is kicking in correctly. That is definately what keeps the car from over heating. if the fan is working, then some of your descriptions make me think you may have a bad head gasket. But I dont want to wish that on you. You may need to have a test done. Good luck with it.

Yeh it verywell could be the head gasket at this point idk. I'm going to take it to my buddys shop and he's going to pressure test the rad. He wants 40 bucks just for that tho does that sound right? I looked online and I can a cheapo pressure tester for 30$...I'm sure his is much better though. He said something about a vacuum that sucks the coolant out and what not...just curious on that price. It kindof looks like there was a leak at some point by the water pump under and behind the thermostat housing I have a picture. Is the water pump attached to something else that bolts onto the block? That gasket might be bad.

Attachments

• 20130828_194406.jpg
    20130828_194406.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 149
I just bought the car and it had this problem when I bought it. I knew about it but figured I woyld fix it. I got the car cheap so its ok I guess. I plan on dumping a few bucks over the next year or so into it. Hopefully I xan figure this out atleast for enough time to get eniugh money saved up to build my next engine. I work two jobs so hopefully it won't take to long maybe just maybe this will be a completly different car next summer. Just hope it last lol.