Stinger FMIC Kit Finished...Pics Inside (Question For You Guys)

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
Shawnee, KS
Well, I finally got the Fox body FMIC kit done. I've got tubing setup for both my header as well as stock style turbo locations.

If I can get someone to send me a rotated upper, I'll make tubing for that as well (pm me if you have a rotated upper you can part with for a month or so).

Stock radiator can be used, no need to swap to a Ranger or Super coupe radiator.

Stock A/C can be retained if the condensor is moved closer to the stock radiator. There is 2" between IC and radiator so the 1" condensor will fit between the two.

Designed To Fit:
SVO's, Mustangs, 83-86 Turbo Coupes, Fairmonts, etc. The Intercooler will fit all 79-04 Mustangs (anybody got an '05 I can borrow to test fit ;) )

Kit Includes:
Everything needed to make this a "bolt on" affair:

Intercooler (Bar & Plate Core, Polished)
Tubing (2.5" Mandrel bent, Aluminized Steel).
Couplers (Rubber and Silicone, Black standard, Blue/Red Optional? See question below...)
Clamps (T-Bolt)

Intercooler Specs:
Will flow over 700cfm and is rated for up to 700hp.
Pressure drop is ~.2psi @ 15psi and ~2psi @ 30psi. Pressure tested to 40psi.

Assuming an inlet temperature of 290ºF, the outlet temp is ~102ºF. For comparison, a large NPR's outlet is 112ºF (according the Mr. Haulsee's IC Designer Program).

Price:
$550.00 Shipped

Question:
1) Do you guys want the choice of different colored silicone couplers, even if it is a 15-20 dollar "upgrade" option?

Black will be the standard color but I could offer Blue and Red if there is a demand for it. I won't bother stocking $200-$300 worth of colored couplers if you guys don't want them though.

Now, on to the Eye Candy:

FMIC Kit for Stinger Header:
FMICKit1.jpg

FMICKit2.jpg

FMICKit3.jpg

FMIC Kit for stock turbo configurations:
FMICStock1.jpg

FMICStock2.jpg

Intercooler:

StingerIC.jpg

Attachments

• FMICKit1.jpg
    FMICKit1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 763
  • FMICKit2.jpg
    FMICKit2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 246
  • FMICKit3.jpg
    FMICKit3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 498
  • FMICStock1.jpg
    FMICStock1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 151
  • FMICStock2.jpg
    FMICStock2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 470
  • StingerIC.jpg
    StingerIC.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 199
  • Sponsors (?)

glad you finally got it done. i actually think im gonna sell my npr and buy your kit. will you offer it with a bov tube like your other ic tubing. i would get black couplers if i bought it. maybe you should make a poll

Hard to say if it will or not. Typically they are narrower though (especially down 3-4" off the bottom of the radiator where the tubing is) so I'd assume it would work. I can't say for sure though.

the only problem i see with the pipes is of course not in your design. But there will have to be some sort of bracket made to keep the pipes still. Up to the user of course and i reccomend having a bead or a bit of a flare to the end of the pipe...because the ones i use from you took 3 t-bolt clamps to keep from poping off...of course i could have used my mig welder but i was lazy.

Power increase depends on many many factors...the power doesn't really come from the IC itself (minor increase there) but from the ability to now run more boost, more timing, etc. Most of that depends on how much of each you are currently running, how much power you are making, etc...

Intercooler goes in front of the stock fan/radiator assembly. I assume you thought it went somewhere else?

Beads on the end of the pipes are in the works...I've got a bead roller now but it needs some modification before it will work correctly for this application.

It's not that it doesn't fit, it's just that I haven't been able to test fit it in one yet...I've got a guy with an 87 TC that will be doing a mockup for me and we'll see whether or not it fits without modification. If it doesn't quite fit, I'll make a different kit for the later TC's.