Stock 91 5.0 adding some N20 what injectors and fuel pump size??

fiveohlover

Oct 13, 2011
mn
i have a bone stock 91gt, Planning to get a zex wet kit. I am going to need a bigger fuel pump but what size. Also do i need to upgrade the stock 19 injectors for the N20. I am going to be running a 125 shot at the max.

• Sponsors (?)

The injectors are fine but the fuel pump is kinda iffy. Putting a 255 LPH fuel pump in was one of the first mods I did. Bear in mind that if you lean out the nitrous, bad things can happen.

In this vid what started out as a minor nitrous backfire turned into a destroyed car when the nitrous line apparently burned through letting the nitrous flow unabated out of the tank into the engine compartment. It does make for a cool video.

I am getting 4.10 gears, and i dont have a whole lot to spend on my car so i want the most hp for the money

I once thought the same thing.
You quickly realize it's not actually cheap and the fun factor is as close to zero as possible.

I speak from experience, i ran a 100 shot on a pretty stock engine for a while.

The kit itself is fairly expensive, then add ons like an opener, warmer, purge cost a lot too.
Then you have refill cost. (likely $40+)
Edit: Just looked a zex kit is $550, then another $250 for a bottle opener (if used on the street i consider the bottle opener a must).

I'll take 50rwhp all the time over 80rwhp (that's about all you are going to get) once in a while, any day of the week.

IMO, money would be better spent on a gt40p setup, with an e cam and intake.
Probably spend about the same or less and while p's aren't may favorite, i'd surely do that over nitrous. You'll have so much more fun driving around, where's the nitrous is only really useful at the track.

I'll put nitrous in my top 5 mistakes ever with my car.
It's a short term solution to a long term problem.

ya that would probably be better but they cost to much
You can buy an entire explorer gt40p engine cheaper than the base zex kit you are interested in.
Add the right headers and a decent meter and you should make 250rwhp and up, some guys even claim 265rwhp.

If you are not a track junky that runs sticky tires, the nitrous kit is like throwing $600-$1000 in the garbage. There really is very little you can do on the street with a nitrous kit, especially one without a warmer and opener. Unless of course you have a really fast friend that can get out, open the bottle and jump back in before the light turns green.

I once thought the same thing.
You quickly realize it's not actually cheap and the fun factor is as close to zero as possible.

I speak from experience, i ran a 100 shot on a pretty stock engine for a while.

The kit itself is fairly expensive, then add ons like an opener, warmer, purge cost a lot too.
Then you have refill cost. (likely $40+)
Edit: Just looked a zex kit is $550, then another $250 for a bottle opener (if used on the street i consider the bottle opener a must).

I'll take 50rwhp all the time over 80rwhp (that's about all you are going to get) once in a while, any day of the week.

IMO, money would be better spent on a gt40p setup, with an e cam and intake.
Probably spend about the same or less and while p's aren't may favorite, i'd surely do that over nitrous. You'll have so much more fun driving around, where's the nitrous is only really useful at the track.

I'll put nitrous in my top 5 mistakes ever with my car.
It's a short term solution to a long term problem.
where can i find a gt 40 setup for that price?

where can i find a gt 40 setup for that price?
Call your local junkyards, all you need is an explorer engine.
96-2000.
Some of the 96's (and maybe early 97's) will probably have the cobra iron gt40 heads.

Plenty of gt40 explorer engine writes ups on stangnet, i believe there is also a post here somewhere specifying the differences in the explorer years exactly.

The engine as a whole should be about $500 (some here say they get them for much less).
The parts themselves should be around $350-$400 on craigs for the heads with the intake and TB. I even believe there is a mod to convert the TB to work which i think is 65mm.