Stock 94 GT Microsquirt wont run/idle

Eric1

Feb 1, 2004
Kingsland, GA
Hey guys, not new to mustangs but new to tuning. Got a microsquirt to mess around with in anticipation of going turbo. Received today, hooked it up no problems (except finding an adapter for my laptop) and the car is all over the place. Idle goes to 900ish at start and then drops down to 300, bounces around for a bit and dies. I am not using a wideband yet. The "stock" tune sent had 30lb injectors which I changed to 19 or 200cc. One strange note is that there is a very loud "humming" noise coming from the intake manifold area, could be the injectors cycling?? Never heard anything like it in the probably 8 mustangs I have owned, and certainly wasn't doing it before. Not sure I can even log anything as the car doesn't run long enough. I was planning on contacting efisource but this seems to be the best spot for mustang specific questions. Plus apparently I havnt been in here in 15 years. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

The humming is the idle valve, likely needs the frequency changed to quite it down some.
The base tunes they send are just good enough to get the car running, the fact that it runs at all is a good sign.

First thing I would do is play around in the tuning software and get familiar with it. I have videos and a tech thread you can read through. Just hover over my signature to expand it and there are links available.

Awesome thanks I will check them out.
The humming is the idle valve, likely needs the frequency changed to quite it down some.
The base tunes they send are just good enough to get the car running, the fact that it runs at all is a good sign.

First thing I would do is play around in the tuning software and get familiar with it. I have videos and a tech thread you can read through. Just hover over my signature to expand it and there are links available.