Stock 95 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

MehakGT said:
Just a quick question, what do you guys think a completely stock 95 cobra is worth? I know there's a lot of determining factors, but as a range, what's reasonable?

Thanks.

Well, it really depends on mileage and condition.

Anywhere from 100 - 10000.

You really need to supply some info on mileage, body condition, and interior condition.

Lets say 100k on car, paint is good, but has a few scratches, and interior is good, I would pay 6500-7500. I wanted a cobra, but most have over 100k in the clock.
Scott

If you find one for 6 k look it over real good, either something's strange or someone needs to sell it in a hurry. When I went shopping for mine all the 90k+ Cobras were 10,500-11,500. That was the Southwest area though, Cali, AZ, NM, UT, NV, CO. Maybe you can find a modded one cheaper but I've never seen one going for near bluebook, and I looked and looked at the time. I had to go to CA to get mine.

I agree with the first two posts. About 6K seems about right for a 100K, decent interior, ok paint Cobra. I would probably 8-9K for a 40-50K mile mint one though. It really depends what the car is worth to you. Theyre not really worth that much in KBB yet some clowns try to fetch 11+K for them.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm in Toronto actually - and it's near impossible to find a cobra here. Finding a 95 rio on black is basically unheard of.

It looks like I'd have to come down south to pick one up.

It's also getting harder and harder to find them un-modified.

Nik_92Stang said:
If you find one for 6 k look it over real good, either something's strange or someone needs to sell it in a hurry. When I went shopping for mine all the 90k+ Cobras were 10,500-11,500. That was the Southwest area though, Cali, AZ, NM, UT, NV, CO. Maybe you can find a modded one cheaper but I've never seen one going for near bluebook, and I looked and looked at the time. I had to go to CA to get mine.

Prices like that are insane. When i was looking around i found a few for around 10K but i'd never pay that much for one. I found two that were in my price range but one was too far away for me to get. (since i had nobody to drive me there to pick it up) The other one the guy wrote in the ad that it spun a bearing or something like that and gave pretty much no other info or pictures. After calling this guy about five times i finally got in touch with him and bought it. It had a rebuilt motor and needed brakes and two tires. It was 6K and was all stock with leather int.
If you look hard enough you can still find them stock and for a good price but it takes time to weed out all of the wackos who want big bucks. IMHO if you're going to spend 10K+ for one you might as well just buy a GT and mod it with the cash you saved. In my area you can find used 94-95 gt's with about the same mileage for $3500-4500. With the rest you could buy a crate motor or just rebuilt the stock shortblock and add HCI.
Mike