Stock Cobra...Where Should I Start?

CobraBob

Jul 28, 2004
Pennsburg, PA
I got myself a pristine Performance Red '01 Cobra about a month ago with 11,500 miles for only $18k. I took the cobra down the track last Friday and ran a best 14.35 E.T. It was 92 degrees and ridiculously humid and I know I didn't launch very well and its totally bone stock. I have a job at a mustang parts place, so I can get pretty much any part for real cheap so its time to add some goodies to my toy. With money not being much of an object, what's a good thing to start with? I was going to put in a cold air intake, but I want the best and I'm really not sure what to get. I plan on adding a supercharger in the future and change the rear to a 3.73 or better. Is there a better throttle body or stuff like that to get also? The parts at my job we mostly deal with are for GTs and 03-04 Cobras, so I'm kinda lost with what to do first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

First, get a catback, that decision is up to you, caus eyou will get a million opinions as to which one is better. get a shifter (pro 5.0 or steeda), then for intake, I have heard great things about WMS's full system with the 95mm MAF. TB i heard is useless until u get blown. Headers, you can go BBk or SLP, and a nice shorty mid pipe. If u are gonna go boost, get 3.73s, n/a get 4.10s or 4.30s. You can get a timing adjuster and pulleys untill you boost. Get some springs and some new bushings, etc. remember, wheel hop is the enemy.