Stock ford Cd player swap

• Sponsors (?)

everything will hook up the same, not sure if the stereos are coded or not but i dont think they are. you can just pick up those 2 little u shaped tools at your local walmart for a couple bucks and pull the stock one out, pull the plug, plug in the new, and push it in! shouldint take any more then 5 minutes!
WOO HOO!!! finally i know the answer instead of asking the question!!!:banana:

I took the one out of my car and replaced it with a cassette so I could use my iPod in the car. It sold on the 'Bay for almost $250! I was stoked.

Just one note, the CD players in 93 were only available with the premium sound option. They have an amp under the passenger's seat and have a different hook-up than the non-premium sound cars. I had to make sure I got a cassette deck from a premium car.

I took the one out of my car and replaced it with a cassette so I could use my iPod in the car. It sold on the 'Bay for almost $250! I was stoked.

Just one note, the CD players in 93 were only available with the premium sound option. They have an amp under the passenger's seat and have a different hook-up than the non-premium sound cars. I had to make sure I got a cassette deck from a premium car.

holy @#$&!!! thost things are like gold...i need to pick a few of those up!!!

I looked into this a while back. I wanted the stock look.
Financially it just didn't make sense.
I bought a brand new old school eclipse stereo i wanted on ebay NIB for $39.

Even thought about using the stereo out of a newer mustang, but for all the wiring sorting it was just too much trouble.