Stock fox take off's - anything worth $$$?

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
i'm gonna get rid of all the old parts i have lying around. just wondering if anything is worth anything! i'm guessing not, but i was wondering if something like the air silencer and stuff like that (that might get thrown away) might be getting harder to find these days? anything worth more than a couple bucks yet? i've kept pretty much everything that my sig shows i would have removed.....

• Sponsors (?)

id say 25.00 right now pm me:rolleyes:

hunh? not following you.

anyways. its pretty much junk to me, and i'm sure to most others. and i'm only selling locally but i've already got guys asking me for stuff, but i dont know what anything is worth. even at maybe $5 to $10 for each piece (whatever it may be) its still extra xmas $$$ i could have. is $5-10 reasonable for stuff like a maf, tb, headers,alt, intake tube, smog pump, ac compressor, (that kinda stuff) fair both ways? i don't want to rip anyone off either. just fair. only reason i ask is because there seems to be so much interest when i thought there'd be none....

I doubt anyone would buy a silencer now....but i kept mine if that tells you anything.

The thing is, so many people are probably figuring the same thing and saving silencers now and 20-30 years from now you can prob find tons for cheap. Its the parts nobody thinks to save that will be worth money 20-30 years later. Those are the parts people think nobody will ever want and chuck only to find out they are in demand when people start restoring these cars. I'm talking about stupid parts like the engine lift plates, smog pumps, the rubber dist boot, etc.

i'm interested in buying stock parts all the time. just particular ones. for the most part little stuff like air silencers are probably not worth the hassle of trying sell.

It's hard to say especially in Calgary. Some stuff i've sold it seems people are lined up and the phone is ringing off the hook. Other stuff i've practically had to give away. The demand seems to be a here and now type of thing here especially because the foxes seem to be all but dead. I rarely see a 5.0 around anymore. Check kijiji, i've used it primarily to sell alot of my used stuff on with good success. PM me if you want some other websites for around here.

ditto, I buy stock engine stuff whenever I get a chance. someone is always restoring a car or having to replace a broken part. once it gets cleaned up you can flip it without much effort.