Stock K-member question

chuktang

Apr 29, 2008
I just picked up a new to me 03 GT and looks like the k-member is shifted back on passenger side of car.... It has lowering springs and camber caster plates. I am scheduled thursday for an alignment, but I would like to get it straight before i take it to them... SO the question is...

Can the stock k-member be adjusted or repositioned

Thanks in advance

Chuktang

• Sponsors (?)

I just picked up a new to me 03 GT and looks like the k-member is shifted back on passenger side of car.... It has lowering springs and camber caster plates. I am scheduled thursday for an alignment, but I would like to get it straight before i take it to them... SO the question is...

Can the stock k-member be adjusted or repositioned

Thanks in advance

Chuktang

Yes, the stock K-member can be adjusted...but it's an involved process and you really need access to an engine hoist to be able to take weight off the K-member. If the K-member is a bit off, it can USUALLY be compensated with adjustment of the static alignment with CC plates, however your suspension and handling characteristics will still be somewhat inconsistent.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/content/install/pdf/front_susp/MMKM-3r2.pdf

Pages 6-9 cover squaring the K-member.

yes, the k member can be off. On some of the bolts that connect it to the frame, there is a gap of about an inch where the k member can be adjusted. My passenger side is way, way off on my car, and so noticable that the wheel doesnt sit centered in the wheel well.

You can pull it forward. I have done with a come-a-long before. But you have to have the car anchored. I just used chains, my hoist, and my front end loader. MYshop couldn't and wouldn't align it before because of how off it was.