stock Tach problems...

I have a stock '96 GT with about 134k miles and I am having a lot of problems with the tach. Sometimes it doesn't work at all (rests at 0rpm), other times it will work fine, sometimes it will try to spin all the way around. I was wondering if anybody has run into this problem or any advise to get rid of this problem. Could I buy another cluster from a wrecked 4.6 GT manual? (no of one at a local yard) I have never messed with the gauges, completely STOCK, no white faces or any of that stuff.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

:lol:
ShankleDisease said:
I have a stock '96 GT with about 134k miles and I am having a lot of problems with the tach. Sometimes it doesn't work at all (rests at 0rpm), other times it will work fine, sometimes it will try to spin all the way around. I was wondering if anybody has run into this problem or any advise to get rid of this problem. Could I buy another cluster from a wrecked 4.6 GT manual? (no of one at a local yard) I have never messed with the gauges, completely STOCK, no white faces or any of that stuff.
Thanks
sure u can. u can also replace just the tach or the tach and and the speedo or the whole cluster. i bought a cluster from a wrecking yard and replaced
just the tach. be sure to disconnet the battery. good luck:nice: