Roush STOLE this Saleen

Is that right??? I have been looking forever to buy some, no wonder I can't find them :rlaugh: . I figured it was just another hillbilly fix this guy tried to employ. Thanks a million. Any help on the other questions?

• Sponsors (?)

i wondered when i got my car originally why it had no fog lights...wanted to get a pair and then said screw it, there's other things like go fast parts i'd rather spend my money on. down the road i may get some PIAAs but if i were you start spending the bucks on performance mods. i missed it above, is the car supercharged? i'm guessing not...you can buy my system after the kenne bell gets installed! :D

sk8mrw said:
All badges of authenticity are in place and Liz verified the VIN with Saleen, it's the first things I checked. So the side mirrors are supposed to be black? As for front fascia screens, is there supposed to be one in front of the radiator? If not I'm only missing one little square over where a foglight should be. Oh yeah, that's another question. The car is missing the foglights, anyone know where I could purchase some new ones? It doesnt seem that Saleen made special foglights, since they werent in the catalog. A part number or anything would be great. Also, what are you talking about when you say the ring around the running horse is painted black? Any help on these issues would be awesome. I'm sure I will have lots of other questions, since the car appears to have a lot of little quirks.

I WISH I had money left over for a Kenne Bell... :hail2:

Here is a pic of my 02 that I sold. The only pic I had that showed the screen. Thought I would throw in a pic of my Brembo/Saleen set up too. I miss that silver/red combo.
No mesh screens in the center section of your front bumper sk8mrw. You can purchase the correct Saleen front bumper screens from http://www.chicanesport.com/
Joe probably has in stock. Order your bumper number from Saleen. No fog lights, please! No Saleen Mustang ever came with fog lights. As for your mirrors, I would just go purchase a couple of new ones. Freshen up your ride. You see that the plastic trim piece arround the running horse is black. Just pops out. All they do at Saleen is rough up the chrome with some fine grit and spray it black. Good luck.

Thanks for all the help. It doesnt show up in the pics, but I'm only missing one little square screen in the botom right I believe. As for buying stuff from Saleen it's been a lot like this :bang: . I ordered a Team Saleen subscription along with the Momo carbon fiber shift knob well over a month ago on their internet site. Well a week ago I finally got ahold of someone in sales only to find that neither order went through whatsoever and as an added bonus the shift knob was discontinued. Sweet! So I reordered my Team Saleen subscription in hopes that the parts catalog will be up to date and I can buy all the odds and ends I need to make my car perfect (screens, front bumper number, center caps, rear deck emblem, new floormats, shift knob). Most of the items are pretty unnecessary but unfortunately I'm a perfectionist and MUST have them. So, any advice on buying Saleen stuff? Should I go thru Haney or Chicane or stright thru Saleen? If Saleen, do you guys recommend online ordering or phone? You guys rock.

Order everything you can from Joe at Chicane in Torrance, CA. He can get anything that is in stock at Saleen faster to you than ordering it directly from Saleen. Chicane Sport Tuning is an authorized Saleen dealer.

What about as far as prices go? Apparently I'll get a 10% discount from Saleen with my membership when (if ever) I get my Team Saleen number. I'm in no real hurry to get these parts, but if Saleen is as completely inept as they have proven themselves to be, I'll spend a little more for some customer satisfaction. Anyone got an opinion?

s351rspeedster said:
-

-MSTNG 2 as for the "rich parents" buying the car for him comment, I too didn't like that comment. Most of the time that may be the case, but at least give the kid the benefit of the doubt. I bought my first Saleen when I was 18, my second Saleen at 20, my third Saleen at 22, sold my second Saleen and bought my fourth Saleen last year at 24. And guess how I did it, by working my ass off sometimes working three jobs at once all while going to school either full time or part time. If you want something bad enough, you do what it takes to get it. Not to mention I wasn't living at my parents house in SoCal rent free either. So go ahead and take your foot out of your mouth, apologize and cut the kid some f***ing slack............

GOOD FREAKIN NIGHT S351r, What the heck is wrong with you? It was a question!! see this thingy "?" It's a question mark!! and I specifically said quote... "I guess I'm just a sceptic. Don't get me wrong I'm not dissin or anything like that, just seems to be too good of a story. Anyway best of luck you'll love the car." What is so terrible about that!!!!! I was curious about how he did it!! No I am not jealouse, No I don't and didn't care about his parents! I said I wasn't dissin on him what else do you want!!?????????? :nonono: :bang: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sal07... thank you good grief....

sk8mrw... I said I'm not dissin....I said good luck... :shrug: come on out west and we'll have a :cheers: on me.

Look, I don't really care. I came to this forum to get advice and to try and be a part of the Saleen community, not to bitch back and forth. Be as skeptical as you'd like...I got a once in a lifetime deal and I couldn't be happier. Speaking of which, check out this link
http://www.webdabs.com/1999saleen.php

A virtual carbon copy of my car appears to have sold for $25,500 :D :D

Anyone else have opinions on the best place and way to purchase authentic Saleen parts?

Ok sounds good... on to your questions then. As mentioned Joe at chicane and Saleen, I have been able to get several items from E-bay also, for example I have gotten OEM Saleen stickers from someone who had bought a full set and only used 1/2 of them. (accident/fender bender) Also wrecking yards post stuff from totalled Saleen's as well. I do see Saleen wheel centers from time to time. If I run across a set I'll post a link here for you.

Something I forgot to mention above...when I was talking to the parts department trying to understand the way their company works, I got some potentially useful information. I was asking about their lackluster website and how the parts are waaay out of date and never updated and he said it's in the works. I'm not sure how reliable the guy was or if he was just talking out of his ass, but he said within 3 weeks the site will be revamped and the parts ordering section updated (this was a week ago). Anyone else heard anything on this? Although he did tell me the best way to order parts was to call and not use the website....I can only hope he's reliable.

sk8mrw said:
Although he did tell me the best way to order parts was to call and not use the website....I can only hope he's reliable.

It may be better to call it in but there is no guarantee that they won’t lose your order. After placing an order twice for a windshield decal and waiting three weeks for something that was supposedly in stock, I cancelled the order. I ended up getting the decal from Haney Motorsport in two days.

Some people on the boards have said things are “getting better” at Saleen. That hasn’t been my experience but maybe they just don’t like me.

Hello fellow Saleen owners....Like sk8mrw, I am new to the forum and also a new owner of a Saleen. My story was similar and I got the deal of a lifetime so I thought I'd also pipe in to say it can/does happen. My dream came true with a...are you ready?...a 2002 Saleen EXTREME! Yes, it's verified real (#21) and I'm a hard working 42 y/o that got very lucky. I won't cause you any pain by telling you the price, but it will never happen again...lol. It only had a few minor issues that (according to the threads I read) is normal for any/all Saleens. Well, I hope to enjoy this forum and the great advice you share.

in 2002, Saleen made 54 "Extreme" Saleens. 425 (at motor) hp. check their website and it gives the full run down. basically, it has all the options and a more robust engine than a regular or sc version. sticker reflects that too...$61+K

2k2extreme said:
Hello fellow Saleen owners....Like sk8mrw, I am new to the forum and also a new owner of a Saleen. My story was similar and I got the deal of a lifetime so I thought I'd also pipe in to say it can/does happen. My dream came true with a...are you ready?...a 2002 Saleen EXTREME! Yes, it's verified real (#21) and I'm a hard working 42 y/o that got very lucky. I won't cause you any pain by telling you the price, but it will never happen again...lol. It only had a few minor issues that (according to the threads I read) is normal for any/all Saleens. Well, I hope to enjoy this forum and the great advice you share.

Welcome, and congratulations! :banana: I have a friend who offered to help clean up a neighbor widows garage. She said "well if you clean it theres an old truck in there of my husbands you can have" Well turns out it is a 1950 some odd International pickup with 23K original miles, stored for the last 30 yrs. The paint buffed right out, and he replaced all the fluids, cleaned it and it started right up... :rolleyes: I hope someday I catch a break too!