Storing the Mustang

If you are parking the car for a long period of time, just leave it parked. Don't go and drive it every week. Its easier on the vehicle to just leave her parked than it is to fire it up and just drive a short distance.

• Sponsors (?)

matthiasj said:
chris dont take everyone's comments to heart, we're just trying to get you to come to your senses. I have never rode a bike, cept for a Honda 80 Dirt Bike, its fun as hell, but doesnt compare to the stang. But do what do you wanna do, and if you sell your engine parts, i got first dibs:SNSign:

I don't let what people on an internet forum bother me much. It's just irritating when I ask a question about something completely legit and get flamed for it. I didn't ask permission to store MY mustang! :rlaugh: Riding the bike I have definitely does NOT compare to the stang, but riding a crotch rocket is a whole lot more fun I would think. What's more fun, running 11 flats at 125+ or high 12's at under 110? :shrug: lol, if I ever do part out the stang, you'll be the first to know Matt. :)

94-302-vert said:
Chris,

Does texas require the insurance? if not maybe your insurance would be cool about you adding and dropping the car from your coverage a lot? If you get married your insurance goes down as well... pretty sure that doesn't help you though....

Just keep it running and getting soem use every so often to drive the moisture out of the exhaust, gears, trans, engine, fuel and it will be fine.

Kinda sad to hear though man, But i hear ya about saving $$... that is real money to save...

Chris, yea, Texas requires insurance, I don't know of any states that don't require insurance. I don't feel like going through the hassle of adding then dropping the stang a bunch. I also don't have plans on getting married soon! lol. I will definitely keep it running, it's not like it's gonna sit for 10 years without ever being started. It's not like I won't be hanging around here either, this is my e-home!! But I will be saving a lot of money over the course of the year.

anothergt said:
A Mustang and a Motorcycle, well that's just ridiculous. ..........NOT
Enjoy the bike as much as you can, just don't totally neglect the stang. I haven't played with my Mustang as much as I used too since I bought my bike either.

2133263_1_full.jpg

Who would EVER think of owning a stang and a bike, and riding the bike more?!?! That's preposterous!! :lol: That's a nice C50 man!

MisterCMK said:
If you are parking the car for a long period of time, just leave it parked. Don't go and drive it every week. Its easier on the vehicle to just leave her parked than it is to fire it up and just drive a short distance.

How often would you recommend driving it, and how far?

Hey, y'all. I don't come around much anymore, but when Chris mentioned the harsh treatment he was recieving, I thought I'd drop by.

Here's the skinny: Any schmo can step on a gas pedal. I takes a whole other set of skills to ride a bike well. Chris is wise to try other things in life, and some of you need to let go of your materialistic philosophies. It is, after all, about the experience in this life, not the loyalties you hold to a certain mechanical object.

As for his choice of bikes - any intelligent, responsible rider will tell you that he did the right thing by starting small, and if you think you need a Gixxer to be a real rider, you're a poser yourself.

Chris, I store my 'Stang every year. I fill the tank and treat with Stabil, pull the battery and that's about it. No problems to date. Oh, some tires will develop flat spots if left on concrete for long periods. Some don't.

Hey CMK, where are ya?

Well dude my advice is as follows change oil fill up the gas and add stabilizer and run the car sitting still for 10-15 minutes for a full heat cycle. I did it last year when i was driving my honda and will hopefully be able to store the cobra by the end of november. One more thing man by the end of winter i should be back up to par speed wise with ya if not ill die trying. hahaha

Lots of good ingo here. I have 18k on the 94 CObra, no issues at all. The animal problem is no joke. Those critters espesially like injector wires for some reason.

I store my car up in the air, tires off, and suspension unloaded. If you cant do this, pull some air out of the tires, not much, and park all 4 tires on wood planks. Prevents the flat spots.

Try to run it every two weeks if you can, letting it run until the fan kicks on. That way you know the oil has gotten hot enough to burn off all the condensation in the motor.

The fuel tank. Not full, but more than half. Otherwise you may have to worry about condensation in the fuel tank. My car has been stored every winter since new. Everyone has there own methods. You should be just fine with all the info given in this post......

RowdyRed94 said:
As for his choice of bikes - any intelligent, responsible rider will tell you that he did the right thing by starting small, and if you think you need a Gixxer to be a real rider, you're a poser yourself.
This sounds very familiar. :nice: :cheers:

Shane, et al are right. Run it long enough to bring it up to full temp [to flash contaminates out of the oil, etc].

I think Chris is embarking upon the ownership of many bikes. :D