Strange Noise Please Help.

ttwolff06

Aug 14, 2012
Iv got a 06 v6 and up until this point iv had very few problems with it the typical thermostat housing ect. But not when i beat on it meaning hitting first hard and dumping second it is starting to make a slipping noise. It sounds almost like a clutch slip but here's the thing. There's no smell of burning clutch and it still hooks if it was clutch slip generally it wouldn't hook as well as normal but there is no change just the noise. Now im not exactly sure how the rear ends are set up in these cars im assuming its all gears and the likely hood of the slip coming from there is very low but idk im just looking for some ideas. Maybe belt slip? Idk I'm new to these forum's please help.

• Sponsors (?)

I took that approach for a little while till i had a buddy ridding along and it did it and he asked what the noise was then i knew it must be something and its not me I'm not terribly worried its just i want to know what it is you know? Strange noises in cars bothers me. I'm sure as soon as it breaks ill figure it out haha.