strange overheating problem/please help

afterputting new intake on 2 weeks ago and setting the timing at 14 the car had extremely high idle 1200.i ran it this way a week and finally decided to adjust the tps.when i adjusted tps idle came down to normal,but it started over heating before i even made it back into the car.checked coolant level,slightly low,so i filled it up with car running so there wouldnt be any airbubbles in the cooling system.drove the car a few miles,and all was good.on the way home it started climbing.got up to red on needle.pulled over and intake was ice cold,radiator was hot all the radiator hoses were hot.i tured on heater to bring temp down,no heater.blew cold.tuned car off,let a little pressure off of radiator cap and intake got extremely hot.then you could hear the fluid running into the heater core and heater got hot.after letting pressure off it got cool enough to drive home.coolant again was low.refill and starts again.no coolant in oil please help:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

How about the thermostat? Did you install a new one when you did the intake? What temp. t-stat is it? Did you maybe put it in backwards? Best way to burp the cooling system is to let the car idle with the rad cap off until the t-stat opens. Usually 10 minutes or so. When the t-stat opens you'll be able to see the coolant circulating in the raditor.

The t-stat being installed wrong was my first thought. The end with the brass plug should be going into the intake, not outwards towards the hose. The high idle tells me there is another problem, such as a vacuum leak. The vacuum leak could either come from a broken line, disconnected line, or a bad seal either from the upper to lower gasket, or the lower intake to engine or even the TB+EGR+intake gaskets. The intake leak would cause it to run lean, which could cause it to run hot.