Strange Sound behind dash.

BKiller

Dec 13, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I notice that some mornings on the way to work I get a wierd fast clicking noise behind my dash/gauage cluster. It sounds like either a relay clicking super fast or I was even thinking a mechanical speedo cable spinning?
Anyone know what this could be? It isn't consitant nor speed related and only seems to do it when the car is cold?

• Sponsors (?)

I notice that some mornings on the way to work I get a wierd fast clicking noise behind my dash/gauage cluster. It sounds like either a relay clicking super fast or I was even thinking a mechanical speedo cable spinning?
Anyone know what this could be? It isn't consitant nor speed related and only seems to do it when the car is cold?

Not sure what year Stang you have but I had the same problem with my '89. Its was the speedo cable.

A friend of mine was a Ford mechanic and said it was a common problem. It just needs to be lubricated. Disconnect the cable from the back of the instrument panel and use some powdered graphite to lubricate it.

yea..i got the same problem..do you have a horn? If not thats probly the reason. Im almost positive its the relay for the horn. Press the horn if it makes the same noise its deff. the horn.