Strange Winding Noise and Vibrations

influence

Feb 3, 2007
I just had the synchros re-done in my T5. I recently drove the car and when I accerlerate at higher RPM the car vibrates very bad(top of third gear) and I hear a loud winding noise(sounds like its coming from the engine).

The winding noise is only under hard acceleration at higher RPM usually it seems towards the end of a shift or basiclly under alot of load.

The Vibration gets worse at at the end of Third and continues up but it is present if I am accelerating through all the gears.

1991 Ford Mustang 302 5 Speed Tranny.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Check and see if those guys painted marks where the driveshaft mounts up to the differential. These marks would be so they know what bolt holes the thing was bolted up to originally for balance purposes. If they didnt make any marks, then im almost positive they didnt put it back on right. If this is the case then you will have to unbolt the driveshaft and turn it to the next set of holes. Repeat until you find the sweet spot with no vibration.

Vibes

Will do, I asked some others as well and there was a 100 different scenarios, most included the shaft, others were balancer, wrong flywheel, and some other odds and ends.

I will look into the shaft,

Thanks