Street or Track Spindles or CSRP disc brakes

Jan 17, 2004
ok After some searching I have come to a decession.

I am torn between CSRP's swap 3 to replace my bad spindle and change form 4 piston calipers to the mustang single pistion style.

I started looking for posts on the kit when my uncle told me about this Big Spindle Kits. Has anybody use this spindle. Does it work with 65-67 4 piston calipers? Any alignment issues because of using 70 outer tie rods?

• Sponsors (?)

I'll try to give you some insight.

The "Big Spindle" is nothing more than 70 71 72 73 Mustang, 70 71 Torino Drum Brake Spindles.

These spindles are EXACTLY the same as All 67 68 69 Mustang, Fairlane, Comet Cougar Drum Brake Spindles---EXCEPT, the Bearing Journals are a few Thousands Bigger.

67-69 Spindles use A2 A6 Bearings, 70-73 Use A12 A13 Bearings.

These 70 Spindles will bolt up the 67 4 Piston K/H Calipers, using exact same bolt pattern, spacing, clearances, etc as the 67-69 C6OA Drum Spindles.

They well use same Splash shields.

Now are these 70 Spindles better than the 67 68 69???? Depends on your needs. If you have a Absolute Road Race Mustang, Going to Race it in Competition, With Extreme corning, then Maybe the Few Thousands on the Journal Might be Beneficial.

If you have a 450 Horse Power Street Cruiser, Drive to on Street, Drag it once in a while, Then the Gain is EXTREMELY Minimal, Guarantee you'd never know the difference.

If you have 67 68 69 with Drum Brakes, Add the 4 Piston Factory 67 Mustang Disc Brake setup to these spindles already on there, having Very Good Braking.

AND you don't have to worry about the Tie Rods, You won't even change the alignment!!

Dan

Classic Mustang Disc Brake Conversions and Power Steering

since the granada spindles and 70 mustang spindles use the same tie rod could I purchase a tie rod from npd for the granada conversion? Could I use mustang steve's bushings to accommodate the hole size difference?