Progress Thread Street/strip 427w In A Gt Hatch- Slow Progress

So this came today
IMG_0285.JPG

The rest of my black friday weekend loot
IMG_0287.JPG

And as far as I got yesterday. Today is just too damn cold for my little heater to keep up (high of 30 :puke:) so this is how it will sit until at least tuesday.
IMG_0286.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Finally got the garage warm enough (despite it being 18F outside :dammit:) to actually do some work this morning

Got some starter holes drilled in the seat brace to plug weld through, bolted on the seat tracks to make sure it was in the right spot before i welded it in, and well.....
IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG
you guessed it, the fit is sh1t :crap:

without the seat tracks, and sitting back about an inch, the big gap at the top of the trans hump was virtually non existent (its about 1/4 - 3/8" right now after a couple whacks with a deadblow to maybe try to spread it out). going by where the old spot welds are, it looks like the two horizontal legs are right about where it needs to be, but the middle hump (and the verticals) need to go back about 1/2 - 3/4".

not exactly sure how to go about fixing this so if anybody has any ideas???

I'm sure Dave or one of the others will have a better idea,but here's mine:
IMG_1245.JPG

And then:
IMG_1247.JPG
That was about my 2nd idea, was trying to avoid doing all that though.

Idea 1 was just to stand on it a bit out of the car, seemed to have worked, lays in there a bunch better but still not perfect. Got the gap at the top down to less than an 1/8 with a 20lb weight on it.

It's been below 20 degrees for the past few weeks so no progress (I did get the brace all the way in though). Need to get a heater but scrounging pennies right now for the next sentence.

Should have a motor update soon after my next paycheck.

Reactions: 2 users
Well I just sent in the last check for the short block (really long block but heads not fastened)

Final key specs:
Dart SHP 9.5
RPM 4340 Forged 4.00" crank
Scat 4340 H-beams
4.125" bore
Wiseco pistons/rings
TEA High Port 240's
Custom solid roller cam
Moroso billet-end pan
Fox timing cover

Still need:
Lifters (looking at morels or one of their private label customers)
Pushrods
Intake (TFS piece)
Gaskets

Then all the efi and trans stuff, but the biggest single expenditure is done now.

Reactions: 2 users
Well I just sent in the last check for the short block (really long block but heads not fastened)

Final key specs:
Dart SHP 9.5
RPM 4340 Forged 4.00" crank
Scat 4340 H-beams
4.125" bore
Wiseco pistons/rings
TEA High Port 240's
Custom solid roller cam
Moroso billet-end pan
Fox timing cover

Still need:
Lifters (looking at morels or one of their private label customers)
Pushrods
Intake (TFS piece)
Gaskets

Then all the efi and trans stuff, but the biggest single expenditure is done now.
Man! How Exciting! Can't wait till you get everything. You're building pretty much what i want for my blue car......someday.

If you don't mind me asking, how much? If you don't want to say, i dig that. I just want to see how much i'll need to hide from my wife....