Progress Thread Street/strip 427w In A Gt Hatch- Slow Progress

Why tfs intake? Or which tfs intake is better question lol? Have you thought about a super Vic efi intake?
Tfs version of the super vic. May be more close to the old canfield intakes than a super vic, there's not much data in them and they're a little new so it's something kinda different.

sorry who's doing the motor.. Woody?

Yes.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So I've been stuck on the weekend shift since Thanksgiving, which combined with the cool weather really didn't help my laziness streak. Finally back at it a bit though because there should be some big news next week sometime.

Figured it was time to stop patching holes, and put some new parts that don't fit on :banana:

This guy hasn't seen any action since two houses ago, cutting down dead trees and brush. He got some exercise today.
IMG_0309.JPG

The unsuspecting victim:
IMG_0310.JPG

Test fitting the TeamZ piece, would not recommend it, the overall spread was 7/16" too short (leaning on it in a vise opened it up), the channels that are supposed to wrap around the frame rails were about 1/8" narrow (again, a little vise tweaking), and the big killer were the tabs (more channel) were 1/4" too small to fit my frpp rad (3 1/4" across where stock support held it), and since they were centered it meant that the plastic protrusion on the tank (probably just for fixturing the thing during assembly, but NOT taking the chance to cut it off) hit the bar and wouldn't let it sit in the tabs even if they were wide enough.
IMG_0311.JPG

Made new radiator mounting tabs out of 16ga steel and cut off the old ones
IMG_0312.JPG

IT FITS!!!! Was actually surprised it worked the first time, figured for sure I'd eff it up somehow
IMG_0313.JPG

Bending up the second one
IMG_0314.JPG

All welded up. Welds are ugly (my auto darkening helmet gets a little too dark) but they're strong enough for my fat butt to stand on it so....
IMG_0315.JPG

Hopefully I can kick the lazy tomorrow and get something done on it, we'll see.

Reactions: 4 users
Wow man. Looks good !

I didn't have any of those problems with my Team Z lower support. I even shaved my factory rubber supports and fit my 3 row radiator. I didn't have to bend anything and I actually bolted mine in...to help with engine removal at a later date.

IMG_0316.JPG

So, whats in the crate you ask?

IMG_0317.JPG

STICKERS!!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF STICKERS!!!!

oh, and this came too:cheers:
IMG_0324.JPG

A little musical engines (the old 302 will get shoved in basement whenever it decides to stop raining)
IMG_0320.JPG

Detail pics:
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    736.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    724.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: 6 users
IMG_0340.JPG

Just came in from getting 2 coats of epoxy in the bay. Will start filler Wednesday (needs 24-48 hours to setup, need to cut the grass sometime anyway). Inner fenders will get something different done, so didn't bother spraying them.

Just going to epoxy, fill, and then do another sealer coat of epoxy for now until
A) I know I won't need to cut anything else
B) Decide on a color
C) damn dog stops costing me ~$150 every three weeks getting rid of an ear infection :dammit:

Anyone know of any solid (non-metallic) blues in the same vein as sonic/kona/deep impact? Not a huge fan of metallic anything (my last truck was redfire and after a while it was WAAAAY to sparkly), and want something that I'll have less chance of tiger striping.

IMG_0340.JPG

Just came in from getting 2 coats of epoxy in the bay. Will start filler Wednesday (needs 24-48 hours to setup, need to cut the grass sometime anyway). Inner fenders will get something different done, so didn't bother spraying them.

Just going to epoxy, fill, and then do another sealer coat of epoxy for now until
A) I know I won't need to cut anything else
B) Decide on a color
C) damn dog stops costing me ~$150 every three weeks getting rid of an ear infection :dammit:

Anyone know of any solid (non-metallic) blues in the same vein as sonic/kona/deep impact? Not a huge fan of metallic anything (my last truck was redfire and after a while it was WAAAAY to sparkly), and want something that I'll have less chance of tiger striping.
Jeez, I can come up with any color you can think of.

Let me look through my color books tomorrow to see if I can find a factory blue like what you want.

Reactions: 2 users
Jeez, I can come up with any color you can think of.

Let me look through my color books tomorrow to see if I can find a factory blue like what you want.
If possible I'd like to keep it "in the family" IE a late-model Ford color. Was kind of leaning towards moonlight/royal (depending on model, code km) but the metallic scares me. Was also looking at azure blue but some pics it seems a little too light and I haven't seen a mach 1 IRL for too long (and like every thing else is probably a metallic too but can't remember for sure).

Reactions: 1 user