Stripes or no?

• Sponsors (?)

From the Preliminary Draft Ordering Guide, only the V6 with the Ext Sport Appearance Package, will get stripes and those will be along the lower sides. Black, White, or Pearl Gold are the colors.

I wonder if the SVT will have anything fancy. I've always thought there was class in simplicity, hence I've traditionally been a minimalist when it comes to body kits, stickers, etc (heck, I shave stuff off my cars). HOWEVER, no one ever said the 'stang was a classy chick. I love the racing stripes. Gives an obnoxious yet appealing bad ass look. If the SVT doesnt come with them, I'll probably have them painted on (or at least vinyled)...

Well, IMHO, I don't think you will see stripes on the S197 based GT for about 4 or 5 years. Adding stripes has always been the fall-back when a car design is old and stale. For example, when the SN95 was 10 years old, Ford put dual stripes down the middle, and called it "special".

I am not sure if one really wants stripes from Ford anyway. Heck, look at the Mach 1 and just how many of those got all the way into customer's hands missing all or of 1/2 of its stripes. Seems that Ford should not really wait until after final quality inspection to install stripes. :notnice:

THE SILVER AUTOSHOW CAR AND THE MOTORTREND CAR WERE BOTH THE SAME. THE SILVER CAR WAS PHOTOSHOPPED TO BE BLUE ON THE MOTORTREND COVER. THE SILVER COLOR OF THE CAR WAS TITANIUM, AND IT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. THE STRIPES WILL ALSO NOT BE AVAILABLE FROM THE FACTORY. THE STRIPES ON THE LOWER ROCKER PANEL ARE AN OPTION.

An option for decal stripes would be Graphic Express. I did speak with someone who indicated they would be doing the LeMans-style stripes (front-to-back) for the car. You can already order side stripes with names and number designations, and have them custom-made with whatever you would like.

It is my belief that stripes will not be offered in '05 from Ford directly, based on what I heard from Ford engineers at the MCA 40th.