Stripped lug key

Apr 14, 2003
Skip this paragraph if you want. I stripped a lug nut key about a month ago and bought a new one. It said $23, but I've got a friend there and it cost me $9. I cut my 2 driver's side tires over the summer, so I replaced them with Kumho's. The stock Goodyears are a thousand times better in grip and handling. I had the Kumho's on the front, but they chase the road, so I put them on the back and they just spin. When I go to the track I always swap them and pick up a quarter of a second...

I went to rotate my tires from front to back and stripped my lugnut key. I went to a parts store and bought some lugnuts so I can just get rid of the security nuts and run regulars, but I can't get the security lug nuts off. The Ford place is closed and I'm going to the track tomorrow. There's a slight chance that a guy might have the right key, but if not, is there any way to get them off?

• Sponsors (?)

FordTaurusSHO94 said:
Skip this paragraph if you want. I stripped a lug nut key about a month ago and bought a new one. It said $23, but I've got a friend there and it cost me $9. I cut my 2 driver's side tires over the summer, so I replaced them with Kumho's. The stock Goodyears are a thousand times better in grip and handling. I had the Kumho's on the front, but they chase the road, so I put them on the back and they just spin. When I go to the track I always swap them and pick up a quarter of a second...

I went to rotate my tires from front to back and stripped my lugnut key. I went to a parts store and bought some lugnuts so I can just get rid of the security nuts and run regulars, but I can't get the security lug nuts off. The Ford place is closed and I'm going to the track tomorrow. There's a slight chance that a guy might have the right key, but if not, is there any way to get them off?
Dose the Lug stick out past the wheel?
:shrug: Vise Grips :shrug:
otherwise Wait and do it the RIGHT way..