Stroker Build Questions

Wish someone would've given me that advise before I spent a ton bulletproofing the internals of a Mexican block....that still won't survive too high above 500hp. Live and learn...just hope it lasts long enough to go in a Dart block.

Back to my beer....cheers

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

^^ this Forged internals in a stock block are a waste of money as the block is the weakest link. Save the forged internals for an aftermarket block. If I were you, I'd call Woody at Fordstrokers and have him build a motor for you right the first time.
Jim isn't doing stock block builds anymore. Have to jump up to a Dart.

Wish someone would've given me that advise before I spent a ton bulletproofing the internals of a Mexican block....that still won't survive too high above 500hp. Live and learn...just hope it lasts long enough to go in a Dart block.

Back to my beer....cheers
Some argue that the Mexican blocks are slightly denser and can tolerate a little more abuse. Just a FYI

Reactions: 1 user
well there you have it.. probably because he got tired of people splitting them in two

He said it is getting harder to find usable cores. He posted some website stating that something like 30,000 5.0 motor based vehicles were destroyed during the cash for clunkers program. He said he has to buy 5 cores to get one usable one, and for him, it's just not good business practice. Plus, it's so easy to make real HP these days, most are not happy with the 450 HP a stock block can support.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, it's all about the foundation.
If you plan on keeping the car, save a little longer and get a block that will last you a lifetime.
I ruined a stock block running the stock motor (gears and exhaust, 232hp at the wheels, running 12.9's) launching hard on slicks... they are weak, flex, and over time warp and/or crack. Note about that, ran stock axles and sock T5 back then and never had an issue... and we all know how prone the stock axles/T5's are on slicks.... and for me the block getting beat on was the think that failed (admittedly, it took years of abuse... several 100 runs).
Many get away with a stock block for a long time, many never have an issue... others are not so lucky... roll the dice.
Spend the money once is my advice.