Stroker Kit.

mustang120plus

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Michigan
My friend wants to put a 331 stoker kit in his mustang. He wants to use his current block to do it.

In your guys opinion, who has the best stroker kit for the money and how much does it cost?

ALSO, is there anything that he should know/expect that may surprise him?

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

D.S.S :puke: well atleast from what I have seen on this motor I am rebuilding for a customer, toelrances were all over the place and the crank was .010 under

The shop I use just prepped my 351W block for me, $500 in machine work includes, 28oz balance on rotating assemblt, align hone mains, deck/square the block, boring .030, finish honing, cam bearings, oil plug and freeze plugs, tanking and magnafluxing for cracks and weak areas was $70 the block was very dirty from sitting for over 15 years.

Rick 91GT said:
Contact Brian Adams [email protected] www.ADPerformance.com he has the best prices and service around, he can get you a forged or cast kit, using SCAT/JE/SRP components..tell him what you want and he can hook you up.

Tell him Rick sent ya, I have bought 3 rotating assemblies from him for my own and customers cars, no issues what so ever.

I 2nd this I got my 331 forged kit from him.

Rick 91GT said:
D.S.S :puke: well atleast from what I have seen on this motor I am rebuilding for a customer, toelrances were all over the place and the crank was .010 under

The shop I use just prepped my 351W block for me, $500 in machine work includes, 28oz balance on rotating assemblt, align hone mains, deck/square the block, boring .030, finish honing, cam bearings, oil plug and freeze plugs, tanking and magnafluxing for cracks and weak areas was $70 the block was very dirty from sitting for over 15 years.

i'm rebuilding a motor for a customer right now, that bought a a 331 shortblock from D.S.S , the tolerances on the motor are all over the place, and on this crank its was .015 under..

as for scat racing, i'm currently using a scat billet crank in the notch which constantly sees 8000+rpm, the tolerances on the scat crank when i got it were .0001 off. much better then dss :shrug:

:flame: DSS

STANGateURlilSS said:
i'm rebuilding a motor for a customer right now, that bought a a 331 shortblock from D.S.S , the tolerances on the motor are all over the place, and on this crank its was .015 under..

as for scat racing, i'm currently using a scat billet crank in the notch which constantly sees 8000+rpm, the tolerances on the scat crank when i got it were .0001 off. much better then dss :shrug:

:flame: DSS

Every main bearing has a different wear pattern in this one and I had 3 bad rod bearings, shame is the motor doesn't look that old. The head studs must have been put in with a impact I can't even break them loose!

My Scat crank was the same, almost dead on and the consistency from journal to journal was perfect.

Although im seeing alot of DSS bashing going on here, I cannot complain with there work. This is the second engine i have purchased from them. A 306 pro bullet for my wifes 95 Cobra and the 347 Super pro bullet for my 93 LX. I have nothing but good things to say about them and let me tell you, my engines take a hard beating and there still running as strong as they were the day i put them in. Just my two cents, mabey you ran across a screwed up engine.