Strut /shock choices?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
I need new strut/shocks. What do you run for daily driver that is economy mixed? I've looked at coil overs from * race land * and* lmr* .

• Sponsors (?)

I had Bilstiens on my 92 and loved them. I get my suspension stuff from Maximum Motorsports. I think they make great suspension components for the Mustang. I tried o lot of other brands over the years and really like MM. They sell different shocks and struts and their tech support guys will talk to you about what your trying to accomplish with your car. Very helpful.

Question on when to change springs? Mine are stock and do not sag,I do not care to lower it.Could I just do struts / shocks for smoother ride?

I don't have deep pockets for koni or mm' s so kyb excel g for me,$183 on amazon for the set frt/RR. Thanks for all the choices .

Reactions: 1 user
Also very similar to the tokicos installed in the '01 Bullitt and 03/04 Mach 1.

I have the Tokico blues, but they will be soon replaced by bilstiens and coil overs. They are fine for stock spring rates, but when you run stiffer springs they tend to get overpowered.

For the OP with stock springs, they are fine

Running QA1’s on front and rear. Very happy with them. Front springs are Tokicko and rear is a UPR coil over kit. Car handles great, but you have to keep the shocks adjusted down, 18 way adjustable. Otherwise ride is too stiff for the street.