Strut tower brace

05retro

Mar 31, 2005
I'm gonna get a strut tower brace as one of my first mods. The question is should i get the Steeda steel strut tower brace or the Ford racing strut tower brace? any thoughts? also has anyone seen the Ford racing strut tower brace? any pictures?

• Sponsors (?)

fin1 said:
I have the Steeda. Not sure how it compares to the Ford one though.

Fin-

I noticed you have the Steeda CAI too. Did you get the "Xcalibrator" or the "Steeda Predator" along with the CAI? Are you happy with the Steeda products you have on your car? I'm considering the Steeda CAI/Predator combo along with the non-adjustable strut tower brace.

Thx!

I bought the Steeda Billited Strut Tower Brace. It looks very nice installed, but I was fortunate and got one before the price change. Also, the DSP seems to be the better tuner for CAIs (Steeda & C&L). Easier to install tunes with from my use and stories on the SCT. SCT II is supposed to be better, but I have already invested. For the most part, they seem pretty equal, but the DSP has my two thumbs up!

I have the BMR.Man, that is one heavy duty part.I can really feel the difference when I drive my car and my wife's back to back.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 250
NPI will have a new Full carbon fiber strut tower brace out next week.
Real CF spun bar, not metal with a cf wrap. Bars also oval shapped as companired to round metal tubes to allow for clearence on both model vehicles.
Meeting up with a few owners in the Virginia DC area to test fit on some GT's and V6's.
Price will be close to 290.00 but comes with solid billet ends and lightwieght bar.

Maybe the requisite question is does the strut tower brace really see all that much pressure to begin with. Since nothing is being removed at the time the brace is installed, the only real stressors its going to see is that which goes beyond what the structure of the vehicle is already handling.

Maybe connection with two bolts on either side is adequate from a mechanical engineering perspective. Personally, however, I'd prefer seeing it cover the strut tower in a manner similar to the way the adjustable Steeda brace does.

stang99svt said:
NPI will have a new Full carbon fiber strut tower brace out next week.
Real CF spun bar, not metal with a cf wrap. Bars also oval shapped as companired to round metal tubes to allow for clearence on both model vehicles.
Meeting up with a few owners in the Virginia DC area to test fit on soem GT's and V6's.
Price will be close to 290.00 but comes with solid billet ends and lightwieght abr.

Can you provide a link?

Maximum Motorsports makes nice stuff

I am waiting to see what these guys come up with. They sound like they are putting a lot of effort in track testing. I had their unit on my 2001 GT and it was like night and day w & w/o.....The BMR unit appears to be a nice piece, might be kinda heavy and I agree with the question of two point bolt down.

Had M&M caster camber plates, Strut tower brace and HR Springs from them...hands down awesome purchases and speedy delivery.

Steeda seems to favor the ricer look with their 05 parts and I am not paying extra for the drop letters or billet details.

I still have to convince the keeper of the check book that upgrades are good. It was not easy convincing her of the 05 until she rode in one.

I LOVE THIS NEW CAR.

3,750 miles in a little over amonth.....picked it up off the lot without waiting for special order. It is white and has every option available on the 05. March build date and no complaints. Dark tinted windows with felt strips - 3M brand material called mold strips.....glad I picked up the hint on here.

MM has always had nice parts and they do track test. So does Kenny brown and griggs. I've always enjoyed KB for full suspension solutions.
But in all honesty the NPI strut tower brace will be more blingy then the steeda unit. The NPI brace is full carbon fiber so its lighter but uses high priced billet ends as well. But still cheaper then steeda unit. But will also be stronger then the steeda unit.

MyBlueOval said:
Fin-

I noticed you have the Steeda CAI too. Did you get the "Xcalibrator" or the "Steeda Predator" along with the CAI? Are you happy with the Steeda products you have on your car? I'm considering the Steeda CAI/Predator combo along with the non-adjustable strut tower brace.

Thx!

I have the xcal. I have been very happy with the Steeda products.