Strut Tower Brace

tutone56

Sep 4, 2009
Rhode Island
Hi everyone - I am new to the forums and a first time Mustang owner. I purchased a 2010 GT Premium last week. My question is this. I'm not sure of the terminology but should my car have come with the brace under the hood that goes across the engine connecting to the top of the struts or is that an option? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

no dealer ever explained to me that the strut tower brace is only included with 19" wheels. I think I have every brochure and all sales literature and I do not remember any of them saying that it comes with 19" wheels only. This reminds me of the "you can only get HIDs, if you get locking wheel nuts."

INteresting though.

Dont worry about buying the stock Ford piece. Just buy the FRPP one on ebay brand new for about $115. This will not work with the cdc shaker, but it may work with the whipple upgrade.

I sold mine not long ago.

You WILL see a big difference in handling. You will corner much flatter. Some say that it is for aesthetics only. I saw a big difference when I took mine off. Even with the FR3 handing package, I wish I could have kept it.

I had read that the tower brace was part of the package that included
19" & 373 rear gears

Incorrect, the STB has nothing to do with 3.73 gears.

As previously mentioned, you only get the STB when purchasing optional 19" wheels. I went to my local ford dealer and ordered the STB for $120. It arrived from Detroit in 3 days. The OEM Ford STB looks much better than the FRPP one IMO.

The part number is AR3Z16A200A.

mdmp_0904_05_z+2010_ford_mustang+engine.jpg