Strut Tower/drivers Side Frame Rot 1995 Gt

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
Hey guys I'm really bummed to report this but my car has some serious rot and I think it is a goner...
I've got lots of great bolt on parts and a solid drivetrain that would transfer over well to a donor car.

I can't help but feel awful about the fact that I gotta let it go. I've had it forever and its got lots of sentimental value to it. I got it right after high school, took it to college and back, raced it everywhere....

When I look behind the drivers side front wheel, I can see rust and rotted out holes around the strut tower brace. When it was on a lift I saw that the inner flat surface of the drivers side frame rail had rotted out as well.

So now I think I need a donor chassis and I don't know how to locate one.

I'm sticking with the FRPP 302/T56 Combo I've got so that means I should look towards 94-95Gt's and Cobras. Bolting things in should be about as straightforward as possible right?

Can anyone suggest where to search for something that would suit my needs?

Thank you and like many others on this site-I'm on a shoe string budget lol

• Sponsors (?)

My other red project '95 GT is completely rust-free (thanks to the bone dry climate I live in) and in very good condition, but it's about 6000 miles away from you in the UAE otherwise you could have bought it from me.

My wife is wanting a Mustang and I have been looking at lots of cars in the $3000 price range that all run and drive fairly nice. So I don't see why you couldn't find a nice chassis somewhere with a blown engine or bad tranny for a pretty good deal.