Stuck Oil Life Indicator

DoubleTap

Jul 4, 2011
I have duplicated this post from 2010-14 Specific Tech because it's had 47 views and no replies. Does anyone have a fix?

I have a 2012 3.7 convertible with 64000 miles. I have always had the dealer change the oil at 20% since I purchased it new in July 2011. The last oil change was in December at 62,000 miles.

The oil life indicator is stuck at 100%, I can't get it to show any usage of oil life.

Anyone here especially if you are from Ford know how to solve this. I have not brought it to the dealer because I have no idea what they will charge for a diagnosis and then repair.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Minimum diagnosis is 1hr labor usually, so need to spend it if not required. I see you have about 2,000 miles since last change and now, just so you're aware these monitors take engine hours, rpm and speed into consideration. At 2,000 miles if the driving hasn't been too stressful it may not warrant a % change. If I let my daily driver Fusion go for example it goes 12,000 miles before it requests a service, it does very mild driving no traffic or stop and go. Mustang goes for a long time too, but I stick to the 5,000 interval anyway.

Have you used a tuner from BAMA/SCT, etc. ? I believe aftermarket tuners have been known to cause the oil life indicator to stay at 100%. Just have to use the old sticker/monitor method.