Stupid/Dumb Question

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
I have a Corsica that I lovingly refer to as my, "Snow Mobile". It's a beater that I got for cheap Cheap CHEAP! 6 banger, slush-box, 4 door, no guts, but will run weeks on a tank of gas.

How much of a wet-shot you think something like this would take without breaking or leaving parts on the highway? :D

• Sponsors(?)

HotFox

10 Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
Should take 500hp shot no problem! I would make sure you tape it:)!

What is it a 3.4 or 3.1? How many miles? and also WHY:shrug:!

Scott

Noobz347

Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Why? WHY??? lol... no particular reason... at least, not a good one that I can think of. It's more of one of those, "Hmmmmmmmmm :scratch:" questions.

Oh... it's a 3.1.

I don't think it'll take the 500 HP till I find a way to get the picnic table strapped to the back and the underglow working.

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
MM&FF magazine (or maybe 5.0 magazine) did an article where they ran nitrous on a stock 4cyl auto Mustang. They wanted to see how fast it would go and how much it would take before it croaked then do a V8 swap. IIRC it went like 21 in the quarter without and they got it all the way into the 16's with like a 200 shot before she died.

You looking to do a V8 swap on it when your done?

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
10 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
60* v6 is dependable as hell but will not handle any sort of horsepower.

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
MM&FF magazine (or maybe 5.0 magazine) did an article where they ran nitrous on a stock 4cyl auto Mustang. They wanted to see how fast it would go and how much it would take before it croaked then do a V8 swap. IIRC it went like 21 in the quarter without and they got it all the way into the 16's with like a 200 shot before she died.

You looking to do a V8 swap on it when your done?

I'm gonna have to say the 2.3 is waaaaaay stronger than this GM engine in question. I would throw a 200 shot on the turbo 2.3 any day and feel pretty confident that it would survive.

I also had a Corsica back in the day...that car got beat to death and kept running strong. They were pretty good cars.

Noobz347

Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
In reality, I probably won't screw with it. The thought hit me the other day as I entered a 75 mph traffic stream from an on-ramp with my foot through the radiator.

It has been dependable so far. I bought the thing for $400 and use it for work back and forth and taken it on a few 1000+ mile drives with no drivetrain issues.

I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to fix... A/C is caput, It needs a new pass seat belt, and the vent don't switch between floor, dash, and windshield (some brand x method it uses to do that... not vac like the Fox).

Anyway... was just kicking it around in my head. I don't think I'd ever waste a perfectly good wet system on that particular car tho. hehe