Stupid/Dumb Question

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
I have a Corsica that I lovingly refer to as my, "Snow Mobile". It's a beater that I got for cheap Cheap CHEAP! 6 banger, slush-box, 4 door, no guts, but will run weeks on a tank of gas.

How much of a wet-shot you think something like this would take without breaking or leaving parts on the highway? :D

• Sponsors (?)

Why? WHY??? lol... no particular reason... at least, not a good one that I can think of. It's more of one of those, "Hmmmmmmmmm :scratch:" questions.

Oh... it's a 3.1.

I don't think it'll take the 500 HP till I find a way to get the picnic table strapped to the back and the underglow working.

MM&FF magazine (or maybe 5.0 magazine) did an article where they ran nitrous on a stock 4cyl auto Mustang. They wanted to see how fast it would go and how much it would take before it croaked then do a V8 swap. IIRC it went like 21 in the quarter without and they got it all the way into the 16's with like a 200 shot before she died.

You looking to do a V8 swap on it when your done?

MM&FF magazine (or maybe 5.0 magazine) did an article where they ran nitrous on a stock 4cyl auto Mustang. They wanted to see how fast it would go and how much it would take before it croaked then do a V8 swap. IIRC it went like 21 in the quarter without and they got it all the way into the 16's with like a 200 shot before she died.

You looking to do a V8 swap on it when your done?

I'm gonna have to say the 2.3 is waaaaaay stronger than this GM engine in question. I would throw a 200 shot on the turbo 2.3 any day and feel pretty confident that it would survive.

I also had a Corsica back in the day...that car got beat to death and kept running strong. They were pretty good cars.

In reality, I probably won't screw with it. The thought hit me the other day as I entered a 75 mph traffic stream from an on-ramp with my foot through the radiator.

It has been dependable so far. I bought the thing for $400 and use it for work back and forth and taken it on a few 1000+ mile drives with no drivetrain issues.

I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to fix... A/C is caput, It needs a new pass seat belt, and the vent don't switch between floor, dash, and windshield (some brand x method it uses to do that... not vac like the Fox).

Anyway... was just kicking it around in my head. I don't think I'd ever waste a perfectly good wet system on that particular car tho. hehe