Stupid question about the biggest 5.0 restriction

• Sponsors (?)

Somewhere in this [very] forum (79-93) there is a thread from a dude that made 300+ rw with ported E7s in an N/A combo.

I tried a keyword search but I'm not recognising any of the titles. Any of you old-heads recall the thread I'm talking about?

Yes I did gain on paper. But I felt car had and lost torque when I went from stock to cobra intake. Again it is my personal feeling

You probably lost some torque below 3000RPMs at part throttle because of lower intake velocity after installing the Cobra intake.
The stock intake is very good for low end torque but runs out of breath really fast.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Yes as soon as car was tuned with Cobra intake it was huge difference.

You say "as soon as the car was tuned with the Cobra intake"

Was the previous combo professionally "tuned" when it had the stock intake?

If not, then tuning was also a factor. No way to know the actual benefit of intake alone unless both combos had been tuned prior to the dyno testing.

• Agree
You say "as soon as the car was tuned with the Cobra intake"

Was the previous combo professionally "tuned" when it had the stock intake?

If not, then tuning was also a factor. No way to know the actual benefit of intake alone unless both combos had been tuned prior to the dyno testing.
Yes car was tuned professionally with stock intake as well. On original thread if read it shows both Dyno graphs.

Reactions: 1 users
Somewhere in this [very] forum (79-93) there is a thread from a dude that made 300+ rw with ported E7s in an N/A combo.

I tried a keyword search but I'm not recognising any of the titles. Any of you old-heads recall the thread I'm talking about?
I did not make a build thread because the car came with time slips from some stock appearing class. The PO’s team knew about porting, but not so much electronics, so I lucked out when they went to a carbureted vintage car. It has a letter cam helping to the 325-350 Hp calculated from times.
The extra set of E-7 heads and intake had ports the size of AFR/TFS heads , so I doubt they really count as stock anymore.

@FastDriver the more I have thought about your question, the more I think the smart Alec answer is also the correct one. The biggest restriction on 5.0 power (and this applies to the 302 and Coyote) is money. Time and knowledge are the next factors for most people. This forum has helped many with the knowledge part.

@cleanLX