Stupid question about the fuel system

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
On the stock 5.0 fuel rail set up, is the schrader valve on the feed or return line? Im putting my fuel lines together now for my Dart block. All the fittings I have go together and all the lines appear to be correct. I am running the AN lines and fittings to where the stock hard lines end at the bottom of the engine box on the passenger side. The larger of the 2 stock couplers should be the feed, correct?

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Rick_91GT, double check this for me buddy!

Here are a couple of pics showing part of the new fuel set up. In the 2nd pic you can see that the larger of the 2 lines is on the left. This is the line that had the schrader valve on it. It should be my feed line.

100_5542.jpg

100_5543.jpg

It will feed into my Y-block and then to the back of the BBRC's fuel rails and then return from the front of the rails to the regulator, then back to the smaller of the 2 lines in the 2nd pic.

100_3711.jpg

Ughhh....look at that beautiful engine sitting in that horrendous looking engine bay. That's just wrong....it's like putting ketchup on steak! Stop what you're doing right now and clean/paint and do some wire hiding before you go any further!!!

The feed line has the larger diameter. Those fuel lines look great. How come you are keeping those crappy quick disconnects though? You went through all of that trouble!

-k

Thanl you!

Actually Rick from RNH Performance made the lines up for me. I kept it like that until Im ready to upgrade the back half of the fuel system when I decide to finally put boost to it.

Ughhh....look at that beautiful engine sitting in that horrendous looking engine bay. That's just wrong....it's like putting ketchup on steak! Stop what you're doing right now and clean/paint and do some wire hiding before you go any further!!!

Engine is actually out of the bay now. I will be doing some house cleaning before it goes back in.