stupid question, but i'll ask anyway....

MI95Cobra

Aug 20, 2006
Oklahoma City
valve covers from a 87 - 93 5.0 will fit on my car right??? only the top of the block is angle a little different right????? i'm thinking of getting dressup stuff for it and i was thinking valve covers....its hard to find valve covers for a 95 5.0....i'm thinking of the ones with cobra powered by ford on them....what do ya'll think??? i'm also thinking of poder coating my upper intake black or having it polished..... what do ya'll think???

• Sponsors (?)

The filler tube on the 94-95 cars is on the right cover at the front end. The earlier EFI covers are on the right cover but maybe 1/3 the way back from the front. The curved intake horn will run right into this filler tube. You will need to relocate the tube and baffle to a different location.

There are no stupid questions here cause the people are great on this forum. Search is helpful but it is a internet forum meant for "interactive" exchange so ask away! :)

I personally like the look of those 87-93vc's MUCH better too.

i put some stock fox valve covers on my car. i have a typhoon upper and lower, eddy adapter, and pp 65 mm tb. it was a pita getting the upper with the tb on. the fill tube is farther back. i got it on and the tube hits the block on the tb where the iac goes. with a 1/2 spacer it will probably work. i havent tried it yet. you can try it or just convert to the fox tb setup. that is what i will probably end up doing.

I've posted this info many times with all the details
but
Here are the high points :)

I run AFR stud mount 165's
Scorpion RR's
Edel RPM
Fox VC's

No spacer needed what so ever ;)

I cut the fill tube in half and spliced it with ricer radiator hose with slight
bend to allow the top half of the tube to be twisted and extended
about 1/2 of an inch.