Stupid question but need help.

YawnY

Sep 12, 2008
Alright so I have a stock 1992 302. I need 1 piston (i know you supposed to replace in pairs, whatever) I called local part supply shops like piston ring or napa. I got them to mail in a piston from Toronto Ontario but its completely wrong. Can someone get me a part number for a stock 302 piston, or a part number for a company that supplies the stock sizing and piston type.

• Sponsors (?)

the part number on my piston is E7ZE-CA its a TRW make. Now it looks like a flat top with 4 valve reliefs but the one I ordered was that style but looked completely wrong. Do I have the style wrong?

shoot mang, since you have to tear the entire bottom end apart I would just replace all 8 and have new bearings pressed in while you were at it?

seriously

Its all apart, new cam bearing, crank bearings, connecting rod bearings, maule rings, z303 cam, scorpion rockers, comp cam lifters, arp head studs, block has been dipped and honed. Just need this damn piston and i'll have it back together!

anyone know anything that will work thats similar to the stock 92 piston? im sitting here with everything waiting to put it back together! I called junk yards and all the have are complete engines for $200

i went to ford fastparts across from the dealership that i work at, they had no listening or even a partnumber for it. Im not some idiot rebuilding an engine im a certified technician just cannot find a stock 302 piston its stupid everyone wants a VIN from the vehicle, well my body is an 1986 and my engine is a 92 so im sol there.