Stupid Question!

korywiesner

Sep 28, 2007
Gray, tn
Please don't flame me! I have a question that I have to ask because I cannot find the info anywhere.

I have an 88 Coupe that started out as a 4cyl auto,
I am and have been in process of many mods and upgrades in the 3 years I have had it:
408 <---Slow progress but almost halfway there.
8" Touchscreen with dell laptop hidden
8.8 Swap
Added Power windows and door locks
Added remote start alarm
Yadda yadda yadda

My question is this. I am looking for a cheap fuel injected power plant to slip in just so i can move the car from one garage to another and back and maybe drive to work a couple times a month. I have run across a 1990 Lincoln Town Car with a 5.0, A4OD and all the electronics. The car runs and drives great. BUT THE PLENUM IS BACKWARDS. Here is a pic from google
lincoln-town-car.jpg
I know it is not an H.O. motor but it is a roller motor. The accessories on the front are mounted differently and what not.
Can the plenum be simply switched around? More importantly, can I get an H.O. Upper and lower intake to put on it? I know the cam is different but the firing order is the same as the H.O. I checked.

Does anybody know?

P.S. rockauto.com shows that the intake gaskets for the lincoln and a a 90 GT are the same.

• Sponsors (?)

Swap it around, youll have to move the vacuum lines under the intake from front to back. Not sure how the EGR spacer will work, and the Throttle linkage my be different. But the intake will rotate 180° if you use that intake.

Scratch that, the EGR spacer should work from looking at the picture. The EGR looks like its on the Front. And if the Throttle linkage on the EGR is in the same place as a regular 5.0, then the Throttle body will work also. And yes a HO intake will bolt on to it.