stupid rice burners

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Thunder said:
Or at least try to keep the wheel spin to a minimum and the speed within the legal limit. It's how fast you can get to the speed limit that matters. :)

Unfortunately you can still be hit with a 'display of power' ticket.

Eos said:
I love showing up rice, but gee's its really not worth it to get a ticket and lose your lisence for street racing. :(

There is a time and a place. The time is test & tune durring an import event, the place is the drag strip. :rlaugh:

When I worked at the speed shop I went to watch my customers race their imports.
They asked me what I thought? "I figured they would be quicker" I said. "If your Mustang was here it would get spanked" They said. "Hell, my Lincoln is quicker then most of your cars" I said. So I paid my thirty bucks and put my money where my mouth was. Sadly the near stock Mark VII's high 15 second quarter's beat 98% of their "race cars". :rlaugh: The same group of guys (five years later) actually have some really quick imports. The Mach may not even be enough. I will let you know in the spring.

Blue Thunder said:
On a related note; I wonder if they'll start giving out similar "display of power" tickets for working out heavily and wearing sleeveless T-shirts in public.

Depends if she has a hairy back.

Vince said:
Here they'll get you with "Noisy Operation of Motor Vehicle". That's what you get if you squeal your tires. This I found out in my earlier years of driving.

Best reason to run DOT slicks. :nice:

In Canada Squeeling tires = "excessive noise violation" or "exibition of speed" I have had a few of each. Wow the more I think about it, I must have been a bad ass :D

Now I put my son to bed at eight-o- clock crack open a lite beer and argue with some dude from Ohio on the internet :rolleyes:

77sleeper said:
my buddy got an "excessive display of horsepower" ticket, he had is framed and it is on the wall in his game room

Tombstone, Az.

My buddy nailed his bike leaving the stop sign, I wasn't going to let him get away so I hammered mine ... right to the speed limit.

Sherriff pulled us over, was going to hit us each with one of those tickets, didn't because we were in the Military.

I suspect he really wanted to make us ... uncomfortable ... for smoking that doobie in the rib house. Worked, we got out of town. Stopped by the oasis in Benson ont he way to Tucson and got tuned up.

At that time I guess much really hadn't changed between the 18th and 19th century.

:flag:

What also cracks me up about most of the import crowd is their statements about the "high RPM ability" of their small motors. Bah.

With the Coates rotary valve heads, a specially prepared Ford 302 has been tested at upwards of 15,000 RPM.

rov.jpg

Cool stuff.

oookay

itsaMustangtoo said:
Well the car cover has been on the Cobra clone for a couple of weeks. It has been hot as HE double toothpicks here. But I decided to take her out for a ride this evening ( cooler). :nice: I stop at the gas station , get some ," nice car " remarks and " what is it ?" :D Anyway I fill up and am off. I cruise around for awhile and start seeing some ricers, one goes by and revs his ninja motor at me, HA HA. What is up with that? Are these clowns so clueless that they think if they take moms civic, put a cold air kit,and muffler on it they have instant race car? I was watching Maguires car crazy the other nite and that clown was praising the tuner cars. These guys just bolt on body kits ,mufflers and crap and think they are great :notnice: Most of em take it to a shop ,they cannot even do it themselves.These imports are ruining the big 3. Sure , they may be built here, polute our air ,own our soil the factory is on ,BUT the profits still go to japan!!!!! I wish I could understand the thinking. I always thought engines were measured in cubic inches -not CC's :OT: Sorry I went off, but I just had to vent. I am afraid I will get into a situation where I have to tear up some ricer on the street to show them what time it is. It is either that or scrap out the mustang, get a hybrid car, wait for someone to come out with a BIG battery and have my own stupid little wannabe car :shrug: FAT CHANCE----someone PLEEEESE explain this to me.

:OT: umm all i get out of this is.......you get my point.Ricers are cool looking cars with a weird name dont you think :shrug: plus my damn mom and her mustang she wont even let me drive it but she dont know that i stole it last night:rlaugh: but it is all just a little game i mean she drives my honda all of the freakin time cause she dont want to get hers dirty!!!:fuss: plus she hit the door of another car with mine and wont pay for it 'cause she has to get her car washed and waxed!!!! we'll thats all for now!

~stangchic101~

THE COBRAMAN said:
You mean, had the big 3 stayed true to the car-buying public, don't you? We got tired of buying junk at ever-escalating prices. The Japanese car lines gave the people what they wanted, better build quality at a better price. The quality of today's "domestic" makes is a direct result of having to play catch-up 20 years ago. I'm not a Honda fan, but if you work with late-model cars everyday, you come to appreciate the differences between Hondas and Toyotas and Gm/Ford/Daimler-Chrysler built cars. I'll probably never buy one for myself, because I like the feel of domestic iron, but the difference is there, and it's a tradeoff I'm willing to accept because of personal taste.

BTW, the GTO is based on an "import" from Oz.

It's heart (LS1) is 100% American!

Mustangj said:
There is a time and a place. The time is test & tune durring an import event, the place is the drag strip. :rlaugh:

When I worked at the speed shop I went to watch my customers race their imports.
They asked me what I thought? "I figured they would be quicker" I said. "If your Mustang was here it would get spanked" They said. "Hell, my Lincoln is quicker then most of your cars" I said. So I paid my thirty bucks and put my money where my mouth was. Sadly the near stock Mark VII's high 15 second quarter's beat 98% of their "race cars". :rlaugh: The same group of guys (five years later) actually have some really quick imports. The Mach may not even be enough. I will let you know in the spring.
Well pretty much any "ricer" who is willing to take it to the track or a test and tune event generally has a pretty quick car. The dumb kids with stock civic's with wings and fart cans generally have never been to a track and think being a stoplight to stoplight warrior is a cool thing.

Blue Thunder said:
I always thought japanese imports looked gay.
I second that--- I went up the street to get a gas bottle filled sat. nite. A primered flat black honda complete with fart can pulls out. He gets all squirrelly (steering wheel pulling bak and forth) as he tries to peel out. With a plume of smoke and revs in the ozone it POPS as he passes me going the opposite way. I thought I was going to fall out of my truck laughing at this clown. Where do they come from??