Paint and Body Stupid spoiler

Renob89gt

Apr 25, 2020
Ohio
Cleaning the car and notice the spoiler was not tight to the hatch. After a closer look and a few attempts I was able to get it off, as it looks like the previous owner cross threaded out of the wing nuts. So i was thinking, since these things are impossible to find, just getting a screw with matching thread and watch and screw up into the spoiler? thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Wing nuts? That’s not what I have seen installed from the factory. As the studs are installed in the fiberglass, I hope you can touch up the threads and use washers and good nuts. Pics will help.

Wing nuts? That’s not what I have seen installed from the factory. As the studs are installed in the fiberglass, I hope you can touch up the threads and use washers and good nuts. Pics will help.
I believe I called them the wrong thing, not sure what to call em, but I was able to get it sorted out. The nut was the wrong thread it just tweaked the thread a little on the bolt. So I got a new but, started it then hit it with a drill and to drive it past that first thread and we are all good. Lol