stupid upper intake ???

tinas90lx

May 24, 2003
yakima
:nonono: i cleaned around the tb side on the inside of the upper intake but after i cleaned it i noticed a silver rod that has a hole drilled through it. It also looks like it is suppose to connect to the front inside of the upper intake. Was that hole suppose to hold a bolt or something that may now be sitting farther down my motor or did i just not see this until it was cleaned. I dont know whether to take the upper off or am I just paranoid. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

FordRangerFan17 said:
i believe that is where your Idle Air Control Valve get's it's sampling of incoming air.

That all happens on the throttle body....which has been removed. The valve just bypasses the TB's butterfly.

It sounds to me like you're talking about the part of the steel vacuum tubes that screws into the underside/rear of the upper intake. There is a small tube that sticks into the upper intake's air stream about 1". These hard vacuum tubes should come from the back of the intake. There are two small and one large; the small ones go to the FPR and the EGR valve and the large goes to the plastic vacuum tree on the driver's side firewall.

i think 65ShelbyClone is talkin about the same piece i am by his description..what i'm afraid of is that i knocked something loose and it fell into the lower intact..i am gonna go try to borrow a friends digital camera so i can get pictures and post them. i greatly appreciate everybody's help. i've had the car 8 1/2 yrs and have driven it 1 (last in 2000). i'm afraid to start it up and have something sitting on top of the motor that's gonna destroy it when i start it. Thanks again for the help, i'll be postin those pictures asap.